Turn on thread page Beta

Newcastle v Aberdeen watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please, could someone tell me which ranks better for Graduate Medicine: Newcastle or University of Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Why does it matter?
    I guess it doesn't much. But GEM is already so competitive so the OP might be trying to figure out which of the two is more lowly ranked (i.e less subscribed) by asking the converse .

ReputationRep:
    I know in certain professions (i.e. law) the type of Firm you get accepted heavily depends on the university you go to. For example, some Firms will only look at Oxbridge applicants. I know the success of finding an F1/2 post is dependent on your grade etc. However, does the type of University impact you at later stages of your career?

Therefore, I was wondering in terms of overall ranking which ranks between between the two universities.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heaven13)
    I know in certain professions (i.e. law) the type of Firm you get accepted heavily depends on the university you go to. For example, some Firms will only look at Oxbridge applicants. I know the success of finding an F1/2 post is dependent on your grade etc. However, does the type of University impact you at later stages of your career?

Therefore, I was wondering in terms of overall ranking which ranks between between the two universities.

Thanks,
    The university you graduated from isn't displayed when applying for F1/F2.

Rankings are irrelevant for medicine, pick the uni you like the most.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heaven13)

Thanks,
    Medicine is not one of those professions. F1/2 applications are blinded to applicants' universities, and even later on there is no evidence that there is an advantage to having gone to a "more prestigious" university.

Pick where you like and where you have a better chance of getting in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.