Turn on thread page Beta

Nhs prescriptions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long after you collect your first prescription can you order a repeat prescription. Ie about one year ago I had a prescription cream which worked but my condition has came back but I can't be bothered waiting for an appointment so can I just get a repeat prescription and what is the time limit to do so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownError)
    Anyone know how long after you collect your first prescription can you order a repeat prescription. Ie about one year ago I had a prescription cream which worked but my condition has came back but I can't be bothered waiting for an appointment so can I just get a repeat prescription and what is the time limit to do so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will depend on several things. Some scripts are issues as "acutes" is a one off. If this is th case you can't request it as a repeat. If it was prescribed as a "repeat" then you may be able to. In many cases if a patient has not requested their repeat for a year it will have been removed as a repeat.

Along side this it will depend on the individual drug, patient and doctor. Easiest thing to do is call the surgery and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    You will usually have to give 48 hours before your repeat prescription is ready to collect. On your prescription, you will find the 'review date' for that medicine which means that you have until then to make repeat prescriptions of it. The time after the 'review date' means that you won't be able to get repeat prescriptions of that medicine anymore as your doctor will need to review your condition again, which just means that you make an appointment to see your GP/doctor and he/she will assess whether you still need to take those medicine(s) or not or to change the dosage etc.

ReputationRep:
    Repeat prescriptions tend to be for medications people are constantly on, I think you'll have to go back to your GP tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.