Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Durhamites,

I've finally begun my project to turn the FAQ thread into a TSR Article (wiki page).

The major advantage of this is that it will be freely editable by anyone, and continually over time. So the situation we had last time shouldn't happen again, where we had an FAQ that was several years out of date, with none of the original authors left to update it.

I'm intending to replace the existing FAQ article (sporadic and out-of-date - here) entirely with the content of my FAQ thread (here).

This is the current state of reformatting the Thread into an Article - once it's done, I'll search the old Article for any useful information, and add it in. Then I'll copy the entirety of the draft FAQ into the old Article, replacing it.

After that, I'd like to see all the Articles on Durham University (here) consolidated and brought in line with each other - for instance, a separate Article on each college, with properly useful information, instead of the brief paragraph each one currently has on the FAQ.

tl;dr

I'd very much appreciate help in converting the content of this Article;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Practice_Area
    fully into Wiki format - the main things to do are:
    • Convert Text into '''Text'''
    • Convert Text into [example Text]
    • I haven't yet figured out how to format quotations

P.S. Once this has been done, I'll probably be looking to step down as Community Assistant for the forum. If anyone would be interested in taking on the role, helping in this would be a great way to let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, full conversion has now been done. All formatting, headings, and URLs are happy. Current version can be seen here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Practice_Area

Now I'm going to go through the old FAQ Article, and leech out anything of value in it. Once that's done, I'll replace the Article with the new one.

Edit: Ahem, looks like that was it for the old FAQ. Welcome the new one!

ReputationRep:
    Tatty second hand books? You must be a Weasley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyBazooka)
    Tatty second hand books? You must be a Weasley.
    Hey, I moved your post into my ignored thread. Maybe refrain from making comments like this when someone's just looking for direct responses?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.