Just moved into new flat, windows are broken!! Watch

MidnightDuckie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We have just moved into a new flat, and soon discovered that there are huge gaps in the window frames which are letting the cold in, my bedroom fell below 11 degrees Celsius last night, and I am finding it very hard to sleep.
We have told the Agency, who told the landlord and they sent draft excluders, they have been put on, but they are not working, and I can still feel the wind coming through the frame a foot away from the window.
We have told the agency that the excluders are not working, but nothing else has been done.
Does anyone know what we can do? Because I can't sleep in this cold, and the radiators are directly under the windows, so putting the heating on doesn't do much at all and is just wasting money.
Please does anyone know anything I can do??? :confused:
platosbesty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
go to Homebase and get some of this maybe?
try this: http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...tNumber=122952
ehsan111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MidnightDuckie)
We have just moved into a new flat, and soon discovered that there are huge gaps in the window frames which are letting the cold in, my bedroom fell below 11 degrees Celsius last night, and I am finding it very hard to sleep.
We have told the Agency, who told the landlord and they sent draft excluders, they have been put on, but they are not working, and I can still feel the wind coming through the frame a foot away from the window.
We have told the agency that the excluders are not working, but nothing else has been done.
Does anyone know what we can do? Because I can't sleep in this cold, and the radiators are directly under the windows, so putting the heating on doesn't do much at all and is just wasting money.
Please does anyone know anything I can do??? :confused:
Firstly I would keep complaining to the agency as it's their responsibility as set out in the contract. Secondly, don't touch or make any improvements let them do the work or face getting charged a lot of money for damaging the window.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (49)
18.35%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (108)
40.45%
Nope, not that interesting (110)
41.2%

Watched Threads