media work experience Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rupz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi does anyone know of places where you could get media work experience (related to television) for semester or holidays? apart from the BBC and located in London?? thanx
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rupz)
hi does anyone know of places where you could get media work experience (related to television) for semester or holidays? apart from the BBC and located in London?? thanx
Well the problem you are going to have here is that any extremley reputable work experience you will have will indeed be placed in London. However don't stop this from you applying, when i did my work experience at News International I was offered somewhere to stay, however only living an hour away I commuted. You could always try one of the local BBC places....for example mine is Southampton. Or a radio station, your local radio stations are always willing to take on very enthusiastic lakky's.

Dig out the yellow pages and find every single local newspaper company and tv company and just send out a CV, it doesn't have to be choc full of places you've worked, just things you've done and a cover letter explaining how much you want work experience there.

Also talk to people, you never know who could get you a place somewhere! That's how I got my work experience at News International and BBC!
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As for the television part, ANY media related work experience is good experience!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise