Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, On Monday morning we will all be sitting in our lecture to receive a question which relates to Vision and Perception, my question is how do I go about answering it? :confused: We have had 2 lectures on Vision but not an awful lot of input other than this, I have done some reading but it does not seem to tie in with the question. I have the weekend only to get some rough notes down on which direction to take, and honestly i'm stressed. The question is "Discuss the role of information processing in visual perception. In your answer
    draw on how simple stimulus dimensions such as colour and depth are coded", I know this looks easy but I seem to be drawing a blank as to what to write.. Any help very graciously received. :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percy81)
    Hi Guys, On Monday morning we will all be sitting in our lecture to receive a question which relates to Vision and Perception, my question is how do I go about answering it? :confused: We have had 2 lectures on Vision but not an awful lot of input other than this, I have done some reading but it does not seem to tie in with the question. I have the weekend only to get some rough notes down on which direction to take, and honestly i'm stressed. The question is "Discuss the role of information processing in visual perception. In your answer
    draw on how simple stimulus dimensions such as colour and depth are coded", I know this looks easy but I seem to be drawing a blank as to what to write.. Any help very graciously received. :hoppy:
    You may or may not find the case study of Solomon Shereshevsky useful. His case is an example of combined perception where the different senses become interwoven (synaesthesia). I personally find his [cognitive] method of information processing quite remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    well anything has to be a start, thank you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    What about things like rods and cones and then the different areas of visual perception (V1, V2 etc)? Look at things like blindsight maybe? I found that really interesting. There's also another condition where people can't see movement, akinetopsia for example. I found this book really valuable during my undergrad (albeit an earlier edition) http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/.../9780199572021

ReputationRep:
    I have used Akinetopsia as one of my examples, have also consider Binocular theory. Blindsight? Maybe I nodded off in a lecture :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Percy81)
    I have used Akinetopsia as one of my examples, have also consider Binocular theory. Blindsight? Maybe I nodded off in a lecture :/
    Just google it for a brief overview

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 11, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.