Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I understand that there will be pervs but you could say the same for guys walking around topless as there are certainly females that check them out, however guys are allowed to walk around topless, so it begs the question why aren't girls aloud to do so? P.S. I don't think they should (neither should guys) but I've been set the task of answering this question which is why I asked it.

No, because it makes me jealous that they all have bigger boobs than me. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I saw the title and knew it would be a guy who started the thread ... I'm guessing a hormonal, virgin teenage guy at that .... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic-nac)
    I saw the title and knew it would be a guy who started the thread ... I'm guessing a hormonal, virgin teenage guy at that .... :sigh:
    How nice of you to make assumptions.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Would probably cause even more confidence issues with females anyway

ReputationRep:
    There are places like Austin, Texas that allow it as long as it's in a non-sexual manner.What's good for the goose is good for the gander as far as I'm concerned although with the recent weather I can't see any of them actually wanting to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, freedom equality and all that shebaz

ReputationRep:
    Only if there is an age limit, no older than 35.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOriginalAng)

But they've probably seen boobs more recently than most people on TSR! :p:

OP, girls should definitely be aloud when they walk around in public topless. It might scare people to have women everywhere showing boobs in complete silence.
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    In much of Africa, many women do show their breasts. On the whole, no-one takes any notice.

It is rather weird that people in the 'global north' have sexualised breasts, when their main biological purpose is to feed babies.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Only if there is an age limit, no older than 35.
    So it's ok for droopy man boobed beer bellied men to walk around topless, but not older women?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but don't complain when people stare and guys take pics for the fap bank

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not appropriate. I don't think guys should walk around topless either. On a nudist beach, or nudist resort somewhere fine, but in the town centre or wherever it's just not on. That goes for those weird bikini tops people seem to think are OK to wear on their own as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    So it's ok for droopy man boobed beer bellied men to walk around topless, but not older women?
    No, if men are over a certain weight then they shouldn't be allowed either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rananagirl)
    But they've probably seen boobs more recently than most people on TSR! :p:

OP, girls should definitely be aloud when they walk around in public topless. It might scare people to have women everywhere showing boobs in complete silence.
    :getmecoat:
    You might be right
    Obviously, it was a joke, but on a more serious point; we can't be sure as to how some people would react to it, there are a lot of asses about.

Lol, would definitely make more awkward people really uncomfortable. Also, productivity would fall pretty badly

ReputationRep:
    Does it even really matter? I don't think most girls want to walk around topless :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_p)
    No, it's not appropriate. I don't think guys should walk around topless either. On a nudist beach, or nudist resort somewhere fine, but in the town centre or wherever it's just not on. That goes for those weird bikini tops people seem to think are OK to wear on their own as well.
    That seems like the more logical and less controversial option.

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone want to? I don't think they should be stopped though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuheb789)
    I understand that there will be pervs but you could say the same for guys walking around topless as there are certainly females that check them out, however guys are allowed to walk around topless, so it begs the question why aren't girls aloud to do so?
    Look who's talking buddy.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.