The Student Room Group

Applied to an A*AA course with predicted grades AAA?

I know its very hard to say, but what do you think?
What are my chances of an offer for English at Bristol with strong personal statement adn reference but AAA?
Original post by CurlyC
I know its very hard to say, but what do you think?
What are my chances of an offer for English at Bristol with strong personal statement adn reference but AAA?

I think you should be aware that they will have too many applicants to need to be kind and every English applicant should have a 'strong' personal statement. However, if it is your only high risk application, then you may be lucky. English is as competitive as it gets, so don't take too many chances besides this.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I think you should be aware that they will have too many applicants to need to be kind and every English applicant should have a 'strong' personal statement. However, if it is your only high risk application, then you may be lucky. English is as competitive as it gets, so don't take too many chances besides this.

OK thanks.I thought as much! Yes I have applied for 1 AAA and 2 AABs and 1 BBB unis as well :smile:
Original post by CurlyC
OK thanks.I thought as much! Yes I have applied for 1 AAA and 2 AABs and 1 BBB unis as well :smile:

That seems eminently sensible. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 4
Very unlikely you'll get a place, as Bristol will sweep through seeing who is predicted the entry requirements. Those who are not will be liable to a fairly swift cut, although if it's your only aspirational uni, I guess you might as well, just don't get your hopes up too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending