Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have about twenty scars from self harm on my left forearm, I won't go into it, I'll only say they're from quite a while ago and I'd really like to cover them up somehow. I've wanted to get a tattoo for a while and I thought I might get one on my forearm, both just because I want one anyway and to cover the scars. Several of them are raised and some are quite large and obvious. Would I be able to get a tattoo to cover them? Or would they still be visible? Also I've heard getting tattooed over scars hurts a lot more? Any advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annamcb)
    I have about twenty scars from self harm on my left forearm, I won't go into it, I'll only say they're from quite a while ago and I'd really like to cover them up somehow. I've wanted to get a tattoo for a while and I thought I might get one on my forearm, both just because I want one anyway and to cover the scars. Several of them are raised and some are quite large and obvious. Would I be able to get a tattoo to cover them? Or would they still be visible? Also I've heard getting tattooed over scars hurts a lot more? Any advice would be appreciated
    Use tca peel, it's a medical cosmetic peel that burns and peels off skin and then new skin grows within a few days.

My auntie used it, and got rid of her dark eczema.
    Also it grows back the skin colour you were born with.

Google and research it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't say anything about the pain, but this thread reminded me of this image I saw online the other day:
    http://news.bme.com/2012/10/29/ink-s...blade-slashes/
    I thought it was nice how the scars were kinda worked into the tattoo. I don't know if that something you'd like though.

ReputationRep:
    This is something I have had personal experience with, for me it worked great... scars went from being pretty obvious to the point where even I have trouble finding them, even if I'm really looking, the difference in pain was negligible at best.. My scars were pretty flat though and so the the fact that yours are raised may cause an issue.

Best bet would be to go and see an experienced tattooist, they should be able to give you advice more tailored to your specific predicament.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.