Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was listening to a podcast earlier and they mentioned how there is a theory that says that women actually started the human race and males were made afterwards just as a means of reproduction, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

But women needed a woman AND a man to be made in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Well it's presumably true that if you go back far enough, a distant ancestor of humans (along with most other animals) was neither male nor female. But it would have evolved to have two different genders long, long before it remotely resembled anything like a human, or even a mammal.

ReputationRep:
    Womankind owe mankind a rib.

ReputationRep:
    Well they certainly seem like it.

How can men be expected to understand a species who think that Hello Kitty is the coolest thing in the world? Do they not know that there's such things as astronauts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaTB)
    So I was listening to a podcast earlier and they mentioned how there is a theory that says that women actually started the human race and males were made afterwards just as a means of reproduction, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That wouldn't mean that women and men were entirely different species, though. It would mean that that the original species, which would have had both reproductive organs (i.e. a hermaphrodite) and could have self-fertilised, evolved into 2 strains, 1 with only male reproductive organs and 1 with only female ones (and Psyk says, this would all be long before the species resembled our current state). Neither women nor men can reproduce without their respective counterparts, so they are not distinct species.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    womankind owe mankind a rib.
    excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellcat12)
    excuse me?
    You seem to have encountered a religious fundamentalist.

My advice:
    Don't even bother :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    You seem to have encountered a religious fundamentalist.

My advice:
    Don't even bother :lol:
    I know what this guy is
    Excuse my words..another fanatical religious being

but I want to hear what made him mention something written in the Holy Book here
    that is seriously not the topic under discussion

Secondly, I seriously don't know what such men think they are
    If Eve was evolved from Adam's rib....do they suppose man is superior to woman?

ReputationRep:
    No, females are not their own species. This is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    This is so stupid.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.