The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I usually do it with a lamp on or something, just creates a better atmosphere or whatever.
Reply 2
Embarassed about their body?
Reply 3
So they can pretend that they are having sex with Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie
Probably makes it more romantic! :daydreaming:
I'd agree with the above. A lot of women are self conscious, others fascinate about someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Maid Marian
Probably makes it more romantic! :daydreaming:

Oh you fantasizer you :tongue:
Reply 7
Two answers come to my mind.

1) They want to keep alive the sense of mystery and unpredictability that is the core of every relationship. By moving and having sex in the darkness, they only see parts of their bodies, they only capture an expression in the face of the lover, then dark, then an arm raising, then dark again. It is like love itself is: a race in the dark, when you hardly see where you are going and who you are running with.

2) They cannot let themselves go. Sometimes it is hard to abandon every anxiety, every doubt. It requires a certain self-esteem, a strong soul. Not everybody has it. So one of the two mercifully turns the light off while undressing, and then the darkness welcomes them both.
Reply 8
Original post by chikane
So they can pretend that they are having sex with Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie

Original post by Incredimazing
I'd agree with the above. A lot of women are self conscious, others fascinate about someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So guys are here as a next best substitute for women who prefer to have sex with famous celebrities. Great :frown:
Original post by james1211
Oh you fantasizer you :tongue:

:colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by Bassetts
So guys are here as a next best substitute for women who prefer to have sex with famous celebrities. Great :frown:

Depends how into you she is. You'll never know for sure anyway so best forget about it. The better you are the less reason she has to think about someone else anyway...
Original post by Caesar95
Two answers come to my mind.

1) They want to keep alive the sense of mystery and unpredictability that is the core of every relationship. By moving and having sex in the darkness, they only see parts of their bodies, they only capture an expression in the face of the lover, then dark, then an arm raising, then dark again. It is like love itself is: a race in the dark, when you hardly see where you are going and who you are running with.

2) They cannot let themselves go. Sometimes it is hard to abandon every anxiety, every doubt. It requires a certain self-esteem, a strong soul. Not everybody has it. So one of the two mercifully turns the light off while undressing, and then the darkness welcomes them both.

Now this is poetic :daydreaming:
Reply 12
:colondollar:

I'd think that dim lighting or candles would be more romantic than lights off though, am I right?
Reply 13
Original post by Bassetts

I was only joking plus i am sure men have fantasies too you know, i did mention Angelina Jolie in my post.
Reply 14
after you are done you can just fall asleep and not have to get up to turn the lights off
Original post by james1211
I'd think that dim lighting or candles would be more romantic than lights off though, am I right?

Yeah, probs! :daydreaming:
Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:
Reply 17
Original post by tinshed
after you are done you can just fall asleep and not have to get up to turn the lights off

Doesn't sound too clean :colondollar:
Reply 18
Yeah, probs! :daydreaming:

Well, it depends. Not if you have to light the candles and spend time looking for the lighter.. :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:

I think most people make some attempt to set the mood with the lighting.

Latest

Trending

Trending