Spoiler:
    Show
    ur mother
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Legal Practice Course. Wild.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to land an Actuarial Graduate Programme spot! Work work work from there on out!

ReputationRep:
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of anything off hand ATM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arketec)
    I can't think of anything off hand ATM.
    I hear there's big money to be made in being an ATM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Stuart Mill)
    I hear there's big money to be made in being an ATM.
    Yeah Auto Transmission Maintenance is real big ATM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icycandle)
    Hoping to land an Actuarial Graduate Programme spot! Work work work from there on out!
    What's an Actuarial Graduate Programme? Forgive my ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking I'll either do a PGCE, go into political research (I want to do Politics and IR) or do a masters... but to be honest I have no clue! Just hope I manage to get some proper work experience during uni.

ReputationRep:
    the same thing I did during university
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ur mother

That's alright
    Spoiler:
    Show
    so do I (jk)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrandmr.crane)
    I'm thinking I'll either do a PGCE, go into political research (I want to do Politics and IR) or do a masters... but to be honest I have no clue! Just hope I manage to get some proper work experience during uni.
    What sort of work experience? Out of interest.

ReputationRep:
    That's alright
    Spoiler:
    Show
    so do I (jk)
    I like how you put (jk) in brackets incase I took you seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my final year and I literally have no idea what I want to do with my life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do a Masters in Advanced Medical Imaging, because I class that as after university (now, anyways). I'm planning to get a PhD in the Radiography field, so who knows? I know for a fact I'll be working straight away... but to be honest, I'm thinking of taking a nice long holiday, as looking at my 3 year-weekly-block breakdown, I'm only going to get 7 weeks of holiday a year during my degree! And I'm already only 2 weeks in! I suppose I like to plan ahead.

ReputationRep:
    I like how you put (jk) in brackets incase I took you seriously.

I did so because of that incest thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbethany)
    I'm in my final year and I literally have no idea what I want to do with my life.
    I haven't started yet and I can't think of anything that's not academically related.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I haven't started yet and I can't think of anything that's not academically related.
    Balls to knowing what you want to do pre uni, all my mates are 2012 or 2013 grads and most of them still don't have a clue what they want to do, I'm in a minority by having a clear career path! Just get there and see what takes your fancy, after all there is a vast, vast difference between how you study at A Level and ho you study on a PhD!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to take a year out and try and find some work experience whilst working in a part time job. Then I want to do my masters

ReputationRep:
    Actuarial work is a career field undertaken by Actuaries in the same way that Accountancy is a career field undertook by Accountants. Graduate Programme are simply programmes of work (usually with some big name company) where the company recruits graduate to work as part of their department. This helps you secure some experience and money under your belt and once the programme finishes (can range from 1-3years) you may go hunting for jobs at other firms or you can take up the offer (that is usually made by the company provided you haven't made a drastic mess of yourself in those years) and stay with the firm that you trained with by accepted their offer of promotion.

(rough outline to graduate programmes, dont quote me word for word on this)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.