Turn on thread page Beta

how are you getting on with your flatmates?/what do you think of them watch

ReputationRep:
    alot of people have moved into halls and are sharing a flat with other people and i was wondering howare you finding it?
    what is your relationship like with them ect

ReputationRep:
    Well enough I guess. Some are really loud and like shouting and screaming at each other in the corridor at 00:00, but we're all cordial enough. Best I could have hoped for, I get so nervous before meeting new people I feel like throwing up, not sure I would have been able to cope with not getting along with someone.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are really antisocial! I mean, I'm no party animal that's for sure haha, but literally if I see one of my flatmates going into their room, they'll tend to quickly scurry inside rather than look up and say hi. No two people are ever in the kitchen at the same time; everyone waits for each other to finish in the kitchen and then goes and gets their own meal separately. I'm so disappointed because I imagined we'd all be getting along like a little family and taking turns to cook meals for each other and going to social events together but it's like we all secretly hate each other... :shifty: :sad: Early days yet though, I'm still holding out hope!

ReputationRep:
    Meh they're okay. I'm in a flat of 12 and it can be quiet at times. Half our flat are international & don't really talk to us but the other half are nice enough. We chat and have a laugh every now and then (we also somehow end up cooking our dinner at the same time so it's a very chatty atmosphere then) but by no means are we close. Doubt I'd ever see them again after first year. Our conversations are mostly about how our day was/anecdotes about our lectures. They all eat ready meals whereas I cook so there's no chance of taking turns to cook or anything.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.