Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've entered year 13 and following my strong AS performance have decided not to drop any subjects. I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. The problem is my biology lessons though; so much time is being wasted! :mad: We've had lessons where the teacher spends an hour talking about what he did over the weekend and haven't written a single note in class since we started in September. Both teachers just hand out sheets and I'm not learning anything in class. Last year I achieved an A in Biology AS but that was only through dedicating extra hours at home self-teaching because we weren't learning anything in class. Would it be possible to somehow not attend my biology lessons but still sit the exam? Dropping Biology is out of the question because it strengthens my UCAS application which I have already sent off.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You could enter as a private candidate, but obviously this has financial implications. I would suggest your first move is to talk to a biology teacher you like and discus your options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amar123)
    I've entered year 13 and following my strong AS performance have decided not to drop any subjects. I'm doing Chemistry, Biology, Maths and French. The problem is my biology lessons though; so much time is being wasted! :mad: We've had lessons where the teacher spends an hour talking about what he did over the weekend and haven't written a single note in class since we started in September. Both teachers just hand out sheets and I'm not learning anything in class. Last year I achieved an A in Biology AS but that was only through dedicating extra hours at home self-teaching because we weren't learning anything in class. Would it be possible to somehow not attend my biology lessons but still sit the exam? Dropping Biology is out of the question because it strengthens my UCAS application which I have already sent off.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    To be honest, i very doubt too many sixth forms/colleges will be that flexible especially for an A2 Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your teacher? Ask them for a syllabus for the current year and raise your concerns over the lack of interaction between students and teachers. This is your final year so do not hesitate to do what you can to achieve the best mark possible, by that I dont mean try and get the teacher sacked.

Go to all your lessons dude, i dont think its a good idea to miss them.

Well done on your AS grade, and good luck for this year.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.