Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR friends, so I'm 6ft 3, 150 lb and I'm having a really hard time putting on weight! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much do you eat? Post a typical day's diet (foods and portion sizes)

ReputationRep:
    Eat more. It really is that simple.

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast - 3 weetabix with oats sugar banana and strawberries.
    Lunch - usually just a sandwich with some crisps
    Dinner - usually meaty (average sized portion)
    I don't snack much, should I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eat more. A lot more. Start measuring out your food(at last until you can guesstimate) so you know how many calories you're eating.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, how many calories should I be eating?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Ben6597)
    I think 2750 would be an easy enough, realistic target to start off with. I always recommend the MyFitnessPal app for tracking your calories - makes it really easy! This is assuming you have an average (for your body composition) BMR and a sedentary lifestyle. If you exercise often, you'll have to up it more, and of course - adjust your calorie intake based on the results you see! If you feel that you're gaining too quickly, tone it down a bit, if too slowly, up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Drink protein shake type things, my friend was dangerously underweight and the doctor made him drink sustagen at least once a day, don't know if they have that in England though.

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR friends, so I'm 6ft 3, 150 lb and I'm having a really hard time putting on weight! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    double your portions. goodluck

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't count calories. It's pointless because you'll never get it right.

Just double your portion sizes and eat whatever in between meals. Eat right (you know what this means) 75% of the time and lift heavy stuff.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.