The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical engineering at imperial

Hey, i was just wondering what a-levels are best (in terms of applying for aeronautical engineering at imperial college). I website says Maths, Further-Maths and Physics, which would be good as an additional AS?.

What does the interview procedure for this course entail. Which topics are considered the hardest on the course and does this lead straight in to the aeronautical industry?.

Thank you
Reply 1
So is nobody going to reply to this thread?. What a shame :frown:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Aeuronautics

BOOM! And I appear from nowhere...

As you know, Maths and Physics are absolutely essential. I'm a fresher this year and I haven't met a single person on my course who did A-Levels but didn't do Further Maths yet.

In a similar sense, I haven't met anyone who did A-Level Computing either and everyone is struggling immensely with the computing module at the moment. We had a 4-6PM tutorial today and my housemate (who also does Aeronautics) didn't leave until 7PM :eek:

I'd highly recommend you to do AS Computing over AS Chemistry.
Reply 3
Original post by pleasedtobeatyou
BOOM! And I appear from nowhere...

As you know, Maths and Physics are absolutely essential. I'm a fresher this year and I haven't met a single person on my course who did A-Levels but didn't do Further Maths yet.

In a similar sense, I haven't met anyone who did A-Level Computing either and everyone is struggling immensely with the computing module at the moment. We had a 4-6PM tutorial today and my housemate (who also does Aeronautics) didn't leave until 7PM :eek:

I'd highly recommend you to do AS Computing over AS Chemistry.

Thank you for the feedback :smile:. Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing it shall be.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find the interview process?.
Original post by Aeuronautics
Thank you for the feedback :smile:. Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing it shall be.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find the interview process?.

Fairly bog standard. There were a few senior students to answer your queries along with a sprinkling of lecturers. I had to take a short multiple choice maths test in one of their computer rooms before having the interview.
I have a question:
Albert and Bella are both standing in a lift. The mass of the lift is 250kg. As the lift moves upward with constant acceleration, the floor of the lift exerts forces of magnitude 678N and 452N respectively on Albert and Bella. The tension in the cable which is pulling the lift upwards is 3955N.
a) Find the acceleration

Okay, so I tried this question; and i got a totally different answer...
Help..thanks in advance.
Yours the Milkybarkid22
Original post by milkybarkid22
I have a question:
Albert and Bella are both standing in a lift. The mass of the lift is 250kg. As the lift moves upward with constant acceleration, the floor of the lift exerts forces of magnitude 678N and 452N respectively on Albert and Bella. The tension in the cable which is pulling the lift upwards is 3955N.
a) Find the acceleration

Okay, so I tried this question; and i got a totally different answer...
Help..thanks in advance.
Yours the Milkybarkid22

1) Find the resultant force
2) Rearrange F = ma, for a
3) Substitute in values
Original post by pleasedtobeatyou
1) Find the resultant force
2) Rearrange F = ma, for a
3) Substitute in values

Thanks... I got it eventually I just didn't read the question as thoroughly as I should have.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by milkybarkid22
Thanks... I got it eventually I just didn't read the question as thoroughly as I should have.:smile:

Is that an a-level physics question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending