The Student Room Group

Ma social work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Yes I am. I've officially handed my notice in today, so I'm rather excited/nervous now. It's really happening!
Reply 241
Just an update, I was told today by one of heads in the department that my name is on the recommendation list but we will be informed officially by next week!

Original post by MIDI77
Yes it was a tough process! Still no news on the recommendation list. I contacted them and I was emailed back that they hope to contact students individually by the end of this week. The suspense is sure not helping.

I've done the DBS check and took in my Certs today. I was told won't get an unconditional confirmation until the DBS's out. I've applied for the bursary, got a text today confirming receipt.

I haven't checked out the reading list yet all because I don't know for sure if I'm be studying this year, it all depends on my name being on the recommendation list. I wish us both good luck and I hope we have good news for our selves by Friday if the list does comes out
Reply 242
Original post by MIDI77
Just an update, I was told today by one of heads in the department that my name is on the recommendation list but we will be informed officially by next week!

Hi, Well done you. But this is dragging on. The email stated that it would be by the end of July. If people are being contacted individually it means that some are not on the list. That doesn't sound too good. Just hope that the two of us are on the list. Have a good weekend.
Reply 243
I've been nominated by my university for a bursary but have been told by that I won't find out until after the start of the course if I'm definitely getting a bursary!

Still haven't got a timetable or start date from the university either! Is anyone else in this situation?
Reply 244
Hi first 78,

I am in the exact same situation, however received a phone call from the Uni saying I was on the list to receive a bursary. Hopefully we will find out more information soon! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 245
Hi LEB92,

Glad I'm not the only one in this situation. I'm finding it so frustrating as it can't be long until the course starts...a bit of notice would be nice!
Reply 246
Hi :smile:

Did anyone on here apply to Birmingham to do the masters? Applying in September and I'm already a student there but I'm really nervous about the exam/interview. Any tips or tips in general if you didn't apply to Birmingham?

Reply 247
Hi, What Unis are you at. I've been accepted onto London Met, but am still waiting to find out if I'm on the bursary list. I suspect not given the length of time it is taking, but it would be good to know either way as I have to decide what to do next if I do not get the bursary.
Reply 248
Original post by sw67
Hi, What Unis are you at. I've been accepted onto London Met, but am still waiting to find out if I'm on the bursary list. I suspect not given the length of time it is taking, but it would be good to know either way as I have to decide what to do next if I do not get the bursary.

Hi did you get your recommendation email? I got mine on Thursday evening saying they've recommended me. I so feel relieved at least I know what I'm doing now. Lemme know if you got yours too.
Hi all, is anyone starting the course in Manchester this year?
Reply 250
Original post by MIDI77
Hi did you get your recommendation email? I got mine on Thursday evening saying they've recommended me. I so feel relieved at least I know what I'm doing now. Lemme know if you got yours too.

Hi, sorry for the delay and responding. I got my email two weeks ago. So am now planning for the 23rd. Have checked the criteria re, the bursary. If you have lived in the UK for 3 years and in England from 1st Sept and your on the Uni list, then everything should be okay. The next is how much maintenace grant you get.

I am looking for a part-time job as I will need additional income when doing the course. I suspect most of us are in this situation.
Original post by Roachey11

I am. Can't wait for it to start!
Original post by Lottie27
I am. Can't wait for it to start!

Me too! are you living in Manc or commuting?
Me too! are you living in Manc or commuting?

I live in Manchester but in a flat with my boyfriend not in halls or anything. What about you?
Original post by Lottie27
I live in Manchester but in a flat with my boyfriend not in halls or anything. What about you?

Cool sounds good! I live in Blackpool but just signed for a place in Fallowfield so moving there to study, bit nervous ha!
Reply 255

I'm starting at Manchester this month :smile: Looking forward to it but wish they'd hurry up and sort out the bursary stuff!
Original post by First78
I'm starting at Manchester this month :smile: Looking forward to it but wish they'd hurry up and sort out the bursary stuff!

haha tell me about it! I'm seriously relying on that bursary to see me through!
Reply 257
haha tell me about it! I'm seriously relying on that bursary to see me through!

You and me both!! Have you registered yet?
Original post by First78
You and me both!! Have you registered yet?

Not yet no, I couldn't seem to the last bit because of the bursary issue! Have you managed to do it?
Cool sounds good! I live in Blackpool but just signed for a place in Fallowfield so moving there to study, bit nervous ha!

i'm orginally from blackpool too! Fallowfield is a great area, a few of my friends live there its really student-y.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending