Turn on thread page Beta

I have anxiety and instabntly assume people are stressed because of me when I'm with watch

Announcements

them*

Can anyone relate? And does anyone have coping strategies?

I'm hypersensitive to body language, voice intonations and what's being said/done/going on around me. This can be problematic. Today I decided my girlfriend looked stressed (becauseshe is and admits it, she has an open day)-but I'm stressing her out too more than anything

I should elaborate: I'm not saying I think I am the only factor in their life that could stress them out. That would be a bit narcissistic of me, they have their own lives with their own problems.
    I'm saying I think they perceive me as a stress-inducer when in their presence, either the sole one or an additional one to their own personal stressors

Here we go.

http://uk.askmen.com/top_10/dating_t...ting_list.html

Number 7

Your weaknesses
    Maybe you cry during insurance commercials, or maybe you aren't really as self-confident as you make yourself out to be in public. These frailties don't matter — as long as she never finds out about them. If she does, she'll start making all sorts of "cute" jokes at your expense. Or the revelation that her man isn't quite the man that she thought he was will put her off of you entirely. Be strong and keep your weaknesses undercover.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.