The Student Room Group

I am just so sick of SF now.

As I'm sure you're sick of reading about it! But I am so confused (again!).
Quick recap, a mistake that I made (I hold my hands up, my fault) means I for some reason have two student finance accounts, I've had so much trouble trying to get sf to merge/delete one of them.

I phoned up this morning and asked if my accounts had been merged yet, she checked both accounts and said yes they had or at least that one had been deleted because it wasn't on their systems (happy days!) and all I had to do was get my uni to confirm, brilliant, I can do that monday.

But here's the thing, I can still log into both accounts.... so does this mean that they haven't been merged or deleted or whatever?

I'm just so sick of worrying about this, I just want to get on with worrying about my uni work like everyone else.
Reply 1
If you can log into both, one hasn't been deleted.
Reply 2
Just delete all data from one and use the other exclusively.

They're not a very constructive company but be stern and persistent when they create problems.
Reply 3
Original post by nicatre
Just delete all data from one and use the other exclusively.

They're not a very constructive company but be stern and persistent when they create problems.

That's what the last person did when I phoned last week, he deleted all the info on one of them. Should I phone and ask again?
I'm getting so annoyed with this now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
If you can log into both, one hasn't been deleted.

That's what I thought! But she said the second account (I gave her the right reference) didn't exist anymore, but I can still access it?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Update: but not really.

I am getting to breaking point now.
So this is how today went:

Called SF to check my accounts are merged, told they were merged on 7th oct. got told to go tell me uni to confirm my place, should have money by Friday.

Uni emails me and tells me it won't let them, They have no info from SF for me, so they rang up SF and were told that I need to merge my accounts and reapply.

Uni phoned again (not even 20 mins later) and we're told I don't need to do anything and just wait for me to appear on their system (my accounts were merged 7days ago so I should be on there already right?)

I got home and phoned again and was told that my uni haven't confirmed my place, it's all on them now. I told them they had tried and I was then told that they need to phone their helpline and get me added manually, which I told them they had already done to which she replied 'well I'm not really sure what's going wrong'

I don't know what to do from here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pixielefrench
Update: but not really.

I am getting to breaking point now.
So this is how today went:

Called SF to check my accounts are merged, told they were merged on 7th oct. got told to go tell me uni to confirm my place, should have money by Friday.

Uni emails me and tells me it won't let them, They have no info from SF for me, so they rang up SF and were told that I need to merge my accounts and reapply.

Uni phoned again (not even 20 mins later) and we're told I don't need to do anything and just wait for me to appear on their system (my accounts were merged 7days ago so I should be on there already right?)

I got home and phoned again and was told that my uni haven't confirmed my place, it's all on them now. I told them they had tried and I was then told that they need to phone their helpline and get me added manually, which I told them they had already done to which she replied 'well I'm not really sure what's going wrong'

I don't know what to do from here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your uni wont confirm your attendance until you send back your on line declaration and you wont get that until your application is approved.

Rather than go around in circles why don’t you go into your advice centre in your uni and ask them to call up for you. They can ring another team to the one you speak to and they may be able to sort it out quicker.

Find out which customer reference number is the live one while they are on the phone and only use that one on everything.
Reply 7
Original post by ssvlcond
Your uni wont confirm your attendance until you send back your on line declaration and you wont get that until your application is approved.

Rather than go around in circles why don’t you go into your advice centre in your uni and ask them to call up for you. They can ring another team to the one you speak to and they may be able to sort it out quicker.

Find out which customer reference number is the live one while they are on the phone and only use that one on everything.

I've literally done all of that. My loan was approved in July, I send in my declaration form in May which they received.
Both me and my uni have constantly been on the phone to SF for the past two weeks. I'm not really sure what else to do now because I can't get a straight answer from anyone at SF.
Yesterday I was told 'well I'm not really sure what's gone wrong here, just keep getting your uni to keep trying to re confirm' am I supposed to do that indefinitely? I have no money left at all. I've cleared out all my savings and if this isn't sorted by the end of the month I have no choice but to drop out.
Sf's attitude through this whole thing has been awful, a pretty much 'well what do you expect me to do' kind of attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pixielefrench
I've cleared out all my savings and if this isn't sorted by the end of the month I have no choice but to drop out.

Heya, first things first, consider getting an emergency loan from your university. Most universities offer one of about £250 whilst your loan is still coming through (although some have dropped this with the changes to baking regulations this year).

I got one myself and it stopped me from having to drop out in the first year.

In the mean time, keep pestering your uni to confirm your attendance. Make sure you get it in progress by as many different people as possible. Call SF again and make sure they're doing their bit, because lets face facts, they're pretty useless.

Worst case scenario you make a new application, but try and avoid that as long as possible because it will cause even more issues than it's worth.

Sorry this happened to you, happened to me in my first year and it made me want to break things. Really difficult when everyone else is having fun and spending money and you've got none.
Reply 9
It's not really a case of I want to go out and spend money like everyone else, I have nursery fees to pay for my daughter, the hardship loan doesn't even nearly cover a month of her fees.
My uni has been brilliant, they've been trying everyday to see if they can re confirm. I don't understand why I'm not on the system when I've done everything they told me to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm actually gobsmacked at how badly my application is being dealt with. I had an email from my uni this afternoon telling me thy student finance didn't merge my accounts correctly.
So I phoned SF and they told me it could take a further 20 working days!!!
I'm now having to take out a bank loan to cover what my student loan should be covering. It's either that or drop out.
I have no idea where to go from here, I keep being told that a report has been put in but it doesn't seem to be doing any good because I'm still waiting.
No one seems to know what they're talking about and I can't get a straight answer from anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending