Turn on thread page Beta

Im getting so bloody scared help plz watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking AS (Lower six) Physics, Biology, Maths and Chemistry and lately im talking to people and hearing about people just like me who have took these subjects and how they have failed. I really don't want to stay behind a year or stay at 6th form college any longer than normal. This is mostly because my parents would get so outraged with me if i do so and i'm emotionally weak and get depressed very easily. So the psychological issues that might arise from this might make me feel very down especially when my parents are staying here because of my studies and we might even move back if we fail. I want to do medicine in university and I've had problems in the past and i think this part of my life especially if i fail will have bad effects. Will all any of you tell me anything to help me so i can pass these subjects and what i should do taking into account the new january to june exams change dates so i don't fail. Could anybody especially those who have taken these subjects or know what they're like tell me about how much i should be revising each day or week.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, listen, you need to calm down.
    Don't stress.
    It doesn't help.
    I took those exact subjects at AS level and now I'm in my final year of medicine.
    There's nothing special you have to do. Just do the work, pay attention in class, ask for help when you don't understand something.
    And stay calm!
    Honestly, I can't stress the importance of not over working yourself.
    It's not rocket science.
    Lots of people have managed before you (including me) and lots will manage after you.
    I know it's really easy to get overwhelmed. But just take things day by day and you'll be fine.
    Ok??

ReputationRep:
    I took physics and maths at AS and got an E and a D! In all seriousness though if people fail it's cause they don't do the work, second time round i actually revised and got As

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please calm down first, if you want to do well in these subjects you need to have a calm approach.
    I did Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at A level and ended up with A*s but the main reason was because you need to dedicate your whole two years to them.
    You may think that is a long time but trust me time really flies, you need to grow a passion for these subjects and eventually you will love studying about them so much that the exam papers will be easy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.