Turn on thread page Beta

I broke my glasses the other day and I took them to the optician, they managed to fix it by getting new frames, new lenses were not required. However I feel my vision whilst wearing the new pair has become unbalanced.

If I close my right eye and look with my left whilst wearing glasses, my vision is perfectly fine. But if I close my left eye, and look with my right, it's like I'm not even wearing glasses.

My right eye is worse than my left, I only had an eye test last month. Would this mean that the optician has mixed up the lenses when they added them onto the frames? You would think that the stronger lens would be on the left hand side?

ReputationRep:
    It's almost impossible to mix up the lenses. However, that might be a wrong PD. or you simply noticed that your right eye is not corrected to 20/20. Go there and re-check your vision and your glasses.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.