Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On a night out I invited a girl in my course out and 2 guys from my friends circle. I never fancied the girl. One of the guys and the girl got drunk had a one night stand. Nothing against that. Today I was humiliated as I was invited to the girls room and as I was there the boy was making out with her and talked about sex and got condoms out and stuff. I am a virgin and have never done well with girls and I am not into losing my virginity with a stranger. Is this how most of uni is?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it. And I wouldn't pay attention to them. That is NOT what uni's like. :cool:
    Don't give in to peer pressure either. When you meet someone who's worth it, you'll have condoms of your own to flash around!

ReputationRep:
    No. University has a huge range of people and personalities.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is the one time you can do that kind of stuff, fair enough it's not for everyone. But it's not as uncommon as you may think. One night stands are just part of it for most of us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously OP, please don't worry about this. I was a virgin for my whole first year at uni and while people are obviously going to talk about sex, it doesn't mean you're going to feel left out and it CERTAINLY doesn't mean you should feel pressured to do/talk about anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Personally I found the best way to deal with it was just to be honest about the fact that I was a virgin, and to be honest no one really cared because it was MY business and no one else's (although I was never really uncomfortable discussing the subject as a whole). I think you'd be surprised at how many people actually are virgins in university anyway.
    If you're not comfortable talking about certain things then you shouldn't feel obliged to stay but if you didn't say anything then they probably didn't realise you were uncomfortable. Like someone else has said previously, there are soooo many different types of people at university and if you don't think you're going to be comfortable around these people then there are always going to be plenty of other people to make friends with.
    Long story short, don't feel pressured into anything and while yes, for a lot of people sex is a big part of the uni experience, it doesn't mean that you should worry that it's all about sex. You'll be a lot happier in the long run if you just wait until you're personally happy and comfortable

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry OP, I've wanted to have sex during my time at uni but haven't had it. I'm in my final year and will very likely leave university as a virgin. There are people (like me) in worse positions than you.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly this bloke thinks he's such a man now. The fact that he's talking about it like that clearly shows he isnt, and that he has no real sense of what sex actually means in terms of an adult relationship. He's behaving like a little boy who has just bought his first packet of cigarettes and just wants to show off about it.

Ignore it. One quick drunken fumble does not make you a man.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.