Friend selling my books Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I gave my friend in the year below me some of my history textbooks. And now I've found out he is selling them.
I was kind of expecting them back because my little sister is now starting AS history.

It's a bit of an awkward situation. I bought those textbooks, and I can't help but feel a bit put out when he is making money off them.

What would you do in this situation??
I feel a bit uncomfortable asking about them when I know he has already sold a couple...
Ingrid<3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Um well you probably should have told your friend you wanted them back at the end of the year.
Spongebob'sPants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think he is taking the piss.

Ask them for them back. You lend them to him. You didnt give them away.

He has absolutely ZERO right to sell something that doesn't belong to him.
gemmanewman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Simply ask for them back, the books belong to you and he was simply lending them, so ask for them back:confused:
Andaxay
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you lend them to him or give them to him?

If you lent, and told him you wanted them back, then yes, have a word. If you made no mention of wanting them back then unfortunately there isn't much you can do, he will have thought you gave them to him and now he no longer needs them he's selling them.
ilex_noemi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you make it clear that you wanted them back?

Also, if it's been an entire school year then he may have forgotten that they were yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (85)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (98)
53.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise