Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone,

Well seems like the applications are out on a roll for next years intake, so wishing everyone luck

As for me, I'm applying for the Econometrics and Operation research program, so thats gonna be interesting to see where that takes me ....i guess

Cheers

------------------------------------------

ReputationRep:
    I decided to add a note on the application process to Maastricht Uni, which is also applicable to other dutch Unis:

The process through studielink is simple:
    1.) Update your personal information and current mailing/residential address
    2.) Update your education profile. All you have to do is mention which program that you have completed or are in currently enrolled in, i.e. A-Levels, IB diploma, AP or any VWO equivalent (country specific).
    3.) Additionally also update that you have completed any secondary high school qualification such as the IGCSE/GCSE/GCE-O-Levels/ (country specific)
    4.) And if this applies to you: Add that IELTS/TOEFL has also been completed
    5.) IMPORTANT and final point: Apply for the prospective program at the prospective university you have in mind. Only two academic terms are available - Jan 2014 Intake is Academic year 13-14. While September 2014 Intake is Academic Year 2014-15.

The whole process should take roughly 5 - 7 mins depening on how fast your net and typing speed is

Part 2: Depending on the University you applied to, You will now very shortly get an email from the Uni, with your login details to start the real application procedure.
    1.) Login to the prospective University account.
    2.) Under the admissions tab (or scout around, usually the email sent also gives you the link to log onto) : You should now see the option to upload documents (scanned copies of the documents you have mentioned in Studielink)
    3.) Upload Passport copy/Identity Copy (for EU and Non-EU students)
    4.) Upload your educational transcript- IB-Diploma/AS Level/ A2 Level/ Advances Placement and then your secondary high school transcripts IGCSE/GCSE/O-Levels (country & education board specific but final highschool documents should be VWO equivalent)
    5.) Upload a Passport size photograph it, I used a 3.5 x 4.5 size, but any UK/US/Euro passport size should do. Also additional photo details should be found on the Uni prospective admissions site.
    6.) Upload your english language proficiency test results if applicable - IELTS/TOEFL/ or any other approved test
    7.) University & Program Specific documents such as any reference letters, motivation letters, Resume/CV, any Essays. --> Usually the program you apply to will have information on this on their specific site, additionally the University admissions will also email you for any other documents that they need.

NOTE: For Numerus Fixus programs (Application Deadline usually April/May depending on program specific) --> the admissions decision should only come by officially in the month of June 2014 for the intake of Sept 2014.
    For non- Numerus Fixus Programs --> rolling decisions throughout the year until Application deadline.

Hope this clarifies and helps anyone/everyone

EDIT : 23/12/2013

The Matching Process:

If anyone needs to know what the matching questionnaire/process is, then please PM me and I will email a soft copy of the matching questionnaire i had.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi you seem knowledgeable on the selection procedure, on the Maastricht website it says "Be sure to indicate that you are applying for the decentralised selection procedure" How do I do this?

ReputationRep:
    Alright thats easy too, so after you have confirmed both the university program and the starting date, if your program is the decentralized selection the option will show up, scroll below to the study program specific question and under the please note* SELECT - AKKOORD, complete the rest of the info needed such as high school info, click the confirm and submit the app from studielink which will be sent to the uni you have just applied to.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

No one applying to Maastricht .

I'm going to be all alone

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about applying for the academic year 2014/2015, European Law School in English .

ReputationRep:
    Oh yay, pleased to meet you!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the European Law School (English) program for 2014/2015! Sent it off a few weeks ago. Everything has been approved on studielink, just waiting for the draw procedure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew1.white)
    I applied to the European Law School (English) program for 2014/2015! Sent it off a few weeks ago. Everything has been approved on studielink, just waiting for the draw procedure!
    Nice to know it . I have registered via Studielink and uploaded my data, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I e-mailed them and asked if everything is ok, still waiting for response. Can you tell me what exactly 'draw procedure' is ? Is it just decentralised selection? And if - after they review my documents - I am asked to answer some questions or upload sort of a motivation letter. Basically, is there anything more to do than the formal stuff - concerning documents?

ReputationRep:
    3LZ3r0, do you know anything about credit transfer from another university (non-Dutch) concerning European Law School? I mean how possible it is to get this transfer.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Joanka,

Well for the Credit Transfer process at Maastricht, you first need to be admitted to the program that you would like to transfer past credits to (I.e. Approved/Conditionally Approved). At the same time, I believe while your uploading your documents on MyUM portal for admissions, you also should upload your previous college/uni courses that your seeking exemption from; further when your submitting your official documents either electronically or courier, those past college/uni transcripts too need to be submitted.

Then, once your in the program, you can request for exemptions for any course that you believe you may have the relevant past credits for. However truthfully, only the Faculty of European Law/School can really tell you whether you can get credit exemptions for past credit.

Additionally this is the link related to Transfer Credit for Euro-Law at Maastricht: http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/w...itTransfer.htm

Note: I have heard that its mostly a 50-50 chance . However best advice contact them directly, at [email protected] and [email protected] (Email exams Law and 'cc' bachelors-law) and/or call the Faculty desk at +31 43 388 3259. For obvious reasons I would email them first and then call to just get any updates or quiz them for any further info, simply because you'll have written proof as well as direct reply from the Education and Exams Committee Committee for the transfer credit.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for help, I will see what I can do .

ReputationRep:
    heyy there! think of applying to maastricht to study knowledge engineering!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, thats great, don't think, just apply lolz

ReputationRep:
    Andrew1.white, could I ask you again if you uploaded a motivation letter when you were registering via MyUM ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Joanka, I registered on the UM portal on October 5. I uploaded my transcripts, passport, photo, diploma, motivation letter, and reference letter, right after registering on DUO. I don't think motivation/reference letters are mandatory, but I had them prepared from my UK application - so just uploaded them as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    guys, just big up for the info you all share here, but would you mind making clear one more thing for a student from a country with a completely different enrollment system..?
    such thing like "rolling admission", i mean, how much time do i have to accept their offer if i am admitted? i'm considering rsm and maastricht(as a backup) and it seems they have almost the same procedure. thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    PBL system guys..

ReputationRep:
    With reference to the acceptance of offer, i believe for a non-fixus program there is no last day and for fixus they will mention on the offer letter.

Hence rolling admission theres no last day and for fixus there is. Additionally confirming your seat at the university also means paying your fees to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3LZ3r0)
    With reference to the acceptance of offer, i believe for a non-fixus program there is no last day and for fixus they will mention on the offer letter.

Hence rolling admission theres no last day and for fixus there is. Additionally confirming your seat at the university also means paying your fees to them.
    lots of thanks for your answer!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.