The Student Room Group

Maastrichty University Applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi there, im applying the univerisity college maastricht liberal arts program, trying to finish my personal statement/motivation letter. finding it hard not going to lie, hard to know what to include!
Reply 21
Well its hard, depending on the lie.
First is it necessary for you to lie on the PS and ML. If it isn't then dont bother lying.

Rather you break down your PS to why your picking netherlands to study in, the college, the program. For example is the program your picking here is better than the one offered elsewhere, in terms of delivery, course content, etc.

For the ML, what motivates you to study this program only, what r your interests in its course content. What are your future plans and how does this program help you get to where you want to go in life.
Reply 22
haha sorry you misunderstood, i meant not going to lie about finding it hard to write. Im not at all planning on lying in my personal statement. But now im incredibly confused despite thinking I had the process of application understood. please can you answer this question:
i didn't realise that the motivation letter and personal statement were different elements of the application. I thought they were the same kind of thing. On my UM portal it says to upload a motivation letter but no indication of personal statement so i thought they were equivalent.
also on the open day, the vice dean mentioned the motivation letter in the same sentence as the personal statement in a way that made me think they were the same thing.
please clarify? many thanks!
Reply 23
Ahh sure bahaha sorry about the misunderstanding.

Well sometimes the Personal Statement and Motivation letter can be two different things.

And i thought it was in your case.
However since its not, your PS and ML are the same and just combine both the points i mentioned earlier in the ML.

The ML is essentially the real reason why you want to not just join but work through and complete the program. It helps to weed out people who dont know why they r doing what they 're doing.

But no worries the ML writing is easy only if your absolutely aware about the program your applying, the occupation you know you want to work in and the industry that you want to be placed in.

Good luck!
Reply 24
Anyone had offers/interviews yet? :smile: I got an offer from UCM yesterday. Good luck to anyone else going through the application system!
Reply 25
Yup got an offer for econometrics at the SBE in Oct. Also did the matching questionnaire.

If anyone wants to see what the matching process is like. Please PM me with your email address.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
I got an offer as well! :smile: So excited! Also, just to answer the earlier questions: you just need a motivation letter (which you could also call a personal statement). And the most important questions to address are on one of the links under the application tab. They require you most importantly to explain why you want to go to UCM and I guess it's thus important why it fits you. So as said earlier, yes talk about how it's better than other programs, but don't stop there, especially mention why it is better for you (since that would make the admissions more interested in you as well).. Good luck!
Reply 27
Great!! Congratulations!!!

Yes!! Finally i won't be alone :facepalm:

By the way, what sort of offer did you get? Conditional or unconditional and did your offer show up on studielink as well or was it posted to you by Duo? Or was it only on myUM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by 3LZ3r0
Great!! Congratulations!!!

Yes!! Finally i won't be alone :facepalm:

By the way, what sort of offer did you get? Conditional or unconditional and did your offer show up on studielink as well or was it posted to you by Duo? Or was it only on myUM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hhahahah ! happy that you dont feel lonely anymore :smile:
And my offer was sent to me by email and was conditional (as in I get in iif I get the IB diploma), what about you?
Reply 29
Lolz alrite, same conditional subject to submission of ib diploma.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
hey guys, got an offer from maastricht..was wondering what u gays are doing for accommodtion..?
Reply 31
I actually don't know yet. I'm not sure how early to start getting accommodation sorted out. I've heard it can be a tricky process especially if you aren't a Dutch citizen already
Reply 32
Yeh true story. Alright i'ma thinking of going through maastricht for the first yr.

So that means paying them 35 euros or so and then whatever the rent contract is. My budget is like 400 euros maxx incld. All utilities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
what course are u lot doing..? and ye i was think of joining maastrichthousing too..will there be other student living with u..? also there are lots of facebook groups to find room in maastricht! :smile:
Reply 34
I'm going to be doing the liberal arts and sciences course at UCM, and yourself? :smile: so do you just type into Facebook Maastricht accommodation or something along those lines?
Reply 35
Original post by 3LZ3r0
Yup got an offer for econometrics at the SBE in Oct. Also did the matching questionnaire.

If anyone wants to see what the matching process is like. Please PM me with your email address.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm a current student at the SBE and I'm just letting you know that econometrics is an extremely difficult degree with most students dropping out, leaving less than 10 students graduating from the course. Unless you have an excellent knowledge of mathematics and are very confident with it, you may want to switch to just pure economics as it has a much simpler level of maths and you can specialize in a more mathematical side of economics.
Reply 36
Original post by NSHDLLN
I'm going to be doing the liberal arts and sciences course at UCM, and yourself? :smile: so do you just type into Facebook Maastricht accommodation or something along those lines?

yep..for examlple theres on group called 'student rooms maastricht' ! :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by gemmers
Hi, I'm a current student at the SBE and I'm just letting you know that econometrics is an extremely difficult degree with most students dropping out, leaving less than 10 students graduating from the course. Unless you have an excellent knowledge of mathematics and are very confident with it, you may want to switch to just pure economics as it has a much simpler level of maths and you can specialize in a more mathematical side of economics.

Hey Gemmers,

Thanks for the heads up! I really am fascinated with applied math and stat, that's why I picked the econometrics program, and I do understand its mathematically challenging. But for me, if I am not challenged, I just simply don't do it.

P.S: what program are you in at Maas?

Cheers
Hi guys I also applied to Maastricht but for the liberal arts science programme..need to take a look at accomodation though, and also a roommate if anyone is interested..it's becomes cheaper for the both of us☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
HI , need help, I applied for maastricht university (economics and bussiness economics) via sudielink and when I confirm the starting date it says '' you have already entered an enrollment application for a study programme with draw procedure for this academic year. a second application cannot be entered'' , could someone help me ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending