The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Winading001
I have a problem with one of texts that has been suggested as Reading Material for the AS/A2 English Literature Course; it doesn't exist. The book I'm referring to is "The Professor"-Thomas Hardy

It might be a mistake. Maybe they were talking about The Professor by Charlotte Bronte.
Congratulations to everyone whos gotten an interview. I got my letter yesterday for my interview on Maths on Feb 5th, but I've decided not to go because personally i didnt really like the school. But congrats to all of you again, and good luck on your interviews :biggrin:D
Reply 202
Original post by icantdothishelp
Congratulations to everyone whos gotten an interview. I got my letter yesterday for my interview on Maths on Feb 5th, but I've decided not to go because personally i didnt really like the school. But congrats to all of you again, and good luck on your interviews :biggrin:D

Congrats to you too! I am having second thoughts myself on attending the interview. I've been accepted to the sixth form I want to go to so I really don't see much of a point anymore and the sixth form itself didn't appeal to me much also. However, goodluck with everything! :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 203
TSR Applicants for Harris Westminster September 2014 Entry:

1. Aargee- Chemistry, Maths, Physics, RS
2. Abiword ()- ?
3. Bytecry- Chemistry, Further Maths, Maths, Physics
4. Goldenboom (♂) - Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Maths
5. hajarjarir ()- Economics, English Literature, Maths, Further Maths
6. hopeitwrksout (♀)
7. icantdothishelp (♀)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History
8. Jalouise (♀)-Biology, Chemistry, Maths, RS
9. KoolAid (♀)- Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English Literature
10. Mathbomb (♂)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics
11. notamondaygirl- ?
12. Ogmios97-?
13. rockyab1-?
13. sciencelover5 (♀)-Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths
14. smileyface5678-?
15. StrangeBanana (♂)-Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Physics
16. TheIdesOfMay-?
17. Winading001 (♂)- Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English Literature
18. :-P-?

Symbols:

♀-Female
♂-Male

[Italics]-Unknown
[Green] -Interview
[Orange]-No interview
Reply 204
Will our current school be notified that we have passed our entrance exam?

I imagine our current school will be notified for references after the interview when they are making a decision.
Reply 205
Original post by TheIdesOfMay
No problem, hope it goes well for you.

It seems that this thread has a lot of good luck - everyone here's been accepted thus far. My letter should be coming Monday.

Thank GOD I'm not the only candidate who didn't receive a letter. Congrats to everyone who got an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations to everyone whos gotten an interview. I got my letter yesterday for my interview on Maths on Feb 5th, but I've decided not to go because personally i didnt really like the school. But congrats to all of you again, and good
luck on your interviews :biggrin:D

What don't you like about the school?:s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jalouise
Congrats to you too! I am having second thoughts myself on attending the interview. I've been accepted to the sixth form I want to go to so I really don't see much of a point anymore and the sixth form itself didn't appeal to me much also. However, goodluck with everything! :biggrin:

Same here, the school didnt seem that amazing for me. Theres several schools nearer to me so im hoping to get a place there. Congrats on getting a place at the sixth form you want to go to though!! :biggrin:
What don't you like about the school?:s-smilie:

It just wasnt what I imagined it to be. I didnt really like the teachers or the headteacher. I also thought the entire thing about the location of the school being ''top-secret'' to be kinda ridiculous, and I dont really wanna spend a year being a guinea pig because since this is their first year theyre gonna spend a lot of time just figuring out the way in which they want to run it. Overall, the school is kinda far for me and i'm not prepared to travel all the way there if i dont completely love it.
It just wasnt what I imagined it to be. I didnt really like the teachers or the headteacher. I also thought the entire thing about the location of the school being ''top-secret'' to be kinda ridiculous, and I dont really wanna spend a year being a guinea pig because since this is their first year theyre gonna spend a lot of time just figuring out the way in which they want to run it. Overall, the school is kinda far for me and i'm not prepared to travel all the way there if i dont completely love it.

But it's built off the same model as the original Westminster School. The department meetings for Harris Westminster and Westminster School will be joined by both members of those schools. Meaning that what ever affects Harris Westminster will affect Westminster School because the departments are working together.They would know know how to run it.
http://www.westminster.org.uk/assets/The-Times-Article20-4-13.pdf
(edited 10 years ago)
But it's built off the same model as the original Westminster School. The department meetings for Harris Westminster and Westminster School will be joined by both members of those schools. Meaning that what ever affects Harris Westminster will affect Westminster School because the departments are working together. So in other words they know how to run it.

Despite that, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't really like the school.
There were roughly 370 people there for entrance exams. I had a quick peek when I picked up my name badge and the last one I saw was candidate number 370. The surname was like zzzzzhsajf so I can't imagine many more after that person.
Despite that, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't really like the school.

This school's aim from the start is to replicate Westminster's University Success(with most of it's students going into either Oxbridge or Russel Group Universities) and we don't have to pay for it . I can't think of any better appeal than that!
But I wish you good luck in the other schools you are interested in.
(edited 10 years ago)
This school's aim from the start is to replicate Westminster's University Success(with most of it's students going into either Oxbridge or Russel Group Universities) and we don't have to pay for it . I can't think of any better appeal than that!

Every school has amazing aims but it doesn't mean it always works out. After the entrance exam day I decided it's just not worth going there. There's schools nearer to me with good reputations which I like more so Ill hopefully end up going there.
Reply 214
I have a problem with one of texts that has been suggested as Reading Material for the AS/A2 English Literature Course; it doesn't exist. The book I'm referring to is "The Professor"-Thomas Hardy

Original post by notamondaygirl
It might be a mistake. Maybe they were talking about The Professor by Charlotte Bronte.

It appears your discovery has been noticed by the Principal xD
"Just had it pointed out that classic novel "The Professor" is by Charlotte Bronte and not Thomas Hardy. #schoolboyerror Sorry."
Original post by Mathbomb
It appears your discovery has been noticed by the Principal xD
"Just had it pointed out that classic novel "The Professor" is by Charlotte Bronte and not Thomas Hardy. #schoolboyerror Sorry."

I wonder if was pointed out by someone who has stumbled upon this thread.... After all it has over 6,000 views
Reply 216
I wonder if was pointed out by someone who has stumbled upon this thread.... After all it has over 6,000 views

Perhaps. :colone:
Reply 217
Original post by Jalouise
@Aargee Are you getting interviewed in RS?

I do !:smile:
there was 339 people in total( not including ones that didn't attempt to the test), because i was the second to last student that's there and my number was 338, and i only saw one more table with the test papers behind me
Reply 219

I agree. You have captured how I feel about it! However I'll only just go though the interview stage purely because I want experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending