The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Winading001
My interview was from 1 pm as well. (Technically it began much later-the lecture)

Ahh, cool.

What time did you leave?

Original post by Muffyn
how does one ignore somebody "accidentally"? I wanted him to talk to me - I think he likes maths and physics which are two subjects I like - but he was taking too long going around the room talking to people and just as he was about to get to me, I had to go be interviewed.

Er, I was nervous so I sort of ignored him. I can't explain it. Yeah, I think he did maths so I guess.
Original post by As.
Ahh, cool.

What time did you leave?

Er, I was nervous so I sort of ignored him. I can't explain it. Yeah, I think he did maths so I guess.

11 a.m
Reply 422
Original post by As.
Ahh, cool.

What time did you leave?

Oh, I see.
Did you come to the chemistry interview group? I was there too... I don't know if I remember you though, I was a Chinese girl. Long black hair, with a thick black and brown cardigan? I came with two African friends, sort of late?
Reply 424
Original post by MudbloodPrincess
Did you come to the chemistry interview group? I was there too... I don't know if I remember you though, I was a Chinese girl. Long black hair, with a thick black and brown cardigan? I came with two African friends, sort of late?

Are you talking to me or..?

Was your interview at 1pm and do you attend a Harris Academy? Or had your interview already finished and were you waiting for the lecture to start? It's just, I remember talking to a girl who was in between two black female students. All 3 of them attended the same school. (A Harris Academy)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 426
Was your interview at 1pm and do you attend a Harris Academy? Or had your interview already finished and were you waiting for the lecture to start? It's just, I remember talking to a girl who was in between two black female students. All 3 of them attended the same school. (A Harris Academy)

What's this lecture thing and chemistry interview group?
Original post by Muffyn
What's this lecture thing and chemistry interview group?

The Headmaster gave a lecture to the interviewees (about his expectations for us and the alumni of Westminster School) before the scheduled 1pm interviews began.
Reply 428
The Headmaster gave a lecture to the interviewees (about his expectations for us and the alumni of Westminster School) before the scheduled 1pm interviews began.

Have not a clue what this "alumni of Westminster school" is (I know what it means) - certainly doesn't sound like the 5minute lecture he gave us- but okay. I've got to go to a couple of art galleries for my art exam unit tomorrow so I'm afraid I have to go now..
Reply 429
Original post by Jboyn247
Yes, I go to a harris school, does it affect your chances?

I'm not quite sure.
@muffyn, I was talking to Mathsbomb.
I meant the chemistry talk we had when everyone did the entrance tests? Though it'll be great if anyone remembered me from the interview at 9:00. I sat in the front row in the middle, navy coat and boots?
Reply 431

Oh you mean the exam day group?
Err, I don't remember anyone. :redface:
I was the dude with the curly hair and glasses.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 432
@muffyn, I was talking to Mathsbomb.
I meant the chemistry talk we had when everyone did the entrance tests? Though it'll be great if anyone remembered me from the interview at 9:00. I sat in the front row in the middle, navy coat and boots?
I was at the interview at 9.00. I saw two other Chinese girls, one of them I did speak to, the other I saw. Did you apply for eng lit? And did you have a friend who was very tall with her done up ( ponytail/bun can't remember) and, I suppose, was English? Oh and, I was looking at your profile yesterday and read that you managed to get into Westminster but didn't accept. *claps* Got to admire your courage. Was going to apply there too but way too competitive for me (oh, believe me, i'm competitive too but not to the scale that is westminster's - wouldn't be able to match it). Hope you get in. If I do get in, I will ask if I can do chemistry as well, so we may be able to talk to each other.
It wasn't really a I-got-in-but-didnt-go thing, I needed a bursary and they gave me a full paying place. There was no way I could afford it :tongue: (well, that would mean that money would be VERY tight and I didn't want that stress so I refused).
I hope you get in too, and we can talk even if you dont switch to chemistry,that is if we both get in and accept :smile:. I don't think I fit any of your descriptions ... and I don't know if I remember you [insert excuse about not being observant]... sorry D:
Reply 434
Does anyone know if they've checked up on references? I think when I applied online they said they needed references to check up on prior to the interview? Yet no indication was made to me that they have done that. Do you think that they may be checking up on them now, to decide the final offers? Because surely they would need to check on behaviour in class, attendance, attitude etc?
Reply 435
Original post by Muffyn
Does anyone know if they've checked up on references? I think when I applied online they said they needed references to check up on prior to the interview? Yet no indication was made to me that they have done that. Do you think that they may be checking up on them now, to decide the final offers? Because surely they would need to check on behaviour in class, attendance, attitude etc?

They so far haven't contacted my referee, and I was getting slightly worried about this. I'm guessing they'll contact your reference around now, to see if they REALLY want you or not. Anyway, out of the 190 that went for interviews, around 160 will get a place, so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried c:
Reply 436
I talked to one of the teachers there, and they stated that with the incredible standard of the exams, and the fact that they could now accommodate more pupils, they are able to offer more places. He also said that there were 190 asked for interviews, but only 170 taking place that day, and 20 more taking place at other times, for a multitude of reasons.
Are you guys definitely going to HWSF if they accept you?
Reply 438
Original post by harmingjuli
Are you guys definitely going to HWSF if they accept you?

95% likely. You?
Original post by Wesleigh
95% likely. You?

Yeah around the same likelihood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending