Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by smileyface5678
Whereabouts were you sitting?

Towards the door on the first row of seats. ><
Original post by Jalouise
Towards the door on the first row of seats. ><

Oh ok, i was on the same row. Were you the girl with the blonde hair?
Reply 482
Oh ok, i was on the same row. Were you the girl with the blonde hair?

I had black braids and wore a black jacket. How did the Biology interview go? What questions were asked?
Reply 483
Hello guys, just going to wedge myself into this conversation here. Very bored
I had black braids and wore a black jacket. How did the Biology interview go? What questions were asked?

Ohhh. I remember you now! The interview was ok but when she asked what extracurricular activities i do i said the most obvious answer "i read books" because i could not think of anything else. Then i added that i did not have time because of gcses etc. How was yours ? :smile:
Reply 485
Ohhh. I remember you now! The interview was ok but when she asked what extracurricular activities i do i said the most obvious answer "i read books" because i could not think of anything else. Then i added that i did not have time because of gcses etc. How was yours ? :smile:

She asked you about extra curriculars? :0
Original post by Muffyn
She asked you about extra curriculars? :0

Unfortunately. But she seemed to understand my answer (hopefully).
Reply 487
Unfortunately. But she seemed to understand my answer (hopefully).

Wait was this is a second interview then? Also, did you tell her you wanted to medicine? She may have asked you that because to get into medicine you need both high grades and a wealth of extra curriculars. My one only focused on the subject at hand - physics.
Reply 488
Original post by Muffyn
Hello guys, just going to wedge myself into this conversation here. Very bored

It's fine! Come in ><
Original post by Muffyn
Wait was this is a second interview then? Also, did you tell her you wanted to medicine? She may have asked you that because to get into medicine you need both high grades and a wealth of extra curriculars. My one only focused on the subject at hand - physics.

No i only had one interview. I do want to do medicine however i did not mention that at the interview because i assumed that many people would say that so i tried to make myself different from everyone else to stand a chance of being accepted. I did have quite a bit to say about my subject because of projects, essays i did outside of the gcse syllabus.
Reply 490
It's fine! Come in ><

I already did. :biggrin:
Reply 491
Hey guys quick question. If we do get accepted and receive conditional offers will they ask you to aim for a specific set of GCSE results, higher to our predicted or would they just expect us to reach out predicted?
Hey guys quick question. If we do get accepted and receive conditional offers will they ask you to aim for a specific set of GCSE results, higher to our predicted or would they just expect us to reach out predicted?

I think our predicted grades.
Reply 493

I imagine they have a minimum academic threshold. (6 A's of which you must get at least an A for your chosen subjects). But after what they said about the high quality of everyone's performances, they may have to raise that. Perhaps they might require a certain number of A*s if all the remaining candidates are way above the minimum requirement.
Reply 494

I think they'll only accept us if we get the minimum grade required to take the course (A) because on the HWSF website, it says that those who didn't manage to apply for a place at HWSF on time may still be able to get in. "Although applications have now closed for the normal entry round for 2014/15 entry, we are maintaining a waiting list. Students should complete the application form here and will be contacted in August about opportunities for admission should vacancies occur." So even if we are offered a conditional place, we still have to get at least a A in the subjects chosen. Hope that helped! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 495

I hope not because my predicted grades were high. Although I am chuffed that my teachers thought so highly of me, there will be an inevitable possibility that I may not reach them on the day of the exams.
Reply 496
Original post by Muffyn
I imagine they have a minimum academic threshold. (6 A's of which you must get at least an A for your chosen subjects). But after what they said about the high quality of everyone's performances, they may have to raise that. Perhaps they might require a certain number of A*s if all the remaining candidates are way above the minimum requirement.

I thought so too! From what I've seen in this thread I think it will be raised.

Yeah I guess so
Reply 497
Am I the only person on here who had their interview at 10?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muffyn
I hope not because my predicted grades were high. Although I am chuffed that my teachers thought so highly of me, there will be an inevitable possibility that I may not reach them on the day of the exams.

Don't think like that! If you work hard but not enough to become stressed then you will achieve those grades.
Reply 499
Original post by KoolAid
I think they'll only accept us if we get the minimum grade required to take the course (A) because on the HWSF website, it says that those who didn't manage to apply for a place at HWSF on time may still be able to get in. "Although applications have now closed for the normal entry round for 2014/15 entry, we are maintaining a waiting list. Students should complete the application form here and will be contacted in August about opportunities for admission should vacancies occur." So even if we are offered a conditional place, we still have to get at least a A in the subjects chosen. Hope that helped! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, that made things clearer! You are right in saying the focus is the specific subjects that are going to be picked for A levels. I didn't know you could apply after the deadline >< I think some of my friends would like to hear that. Thanks :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending