The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How come practically everyone gets 4/5 or 5/5 offers and yet the unis only accept 1 in every how every many applicants... it just doesn't add up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do uni's usually send you an offer through the post first or through UCAS? I got an interview for Essex through the post today but nothing came up on Track. I'm waiting so impatiently for Sheffield, really want to go there:colondollar:
I sent off my application today, so relieved it's done. Hoping for unconditionals since I already have my grades. Good luck all! I'm hoping I'll be posting that I've got my first offer in the not so distant future, but I'm not expecting any over Christmas. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds: French and Maths BSc - ABC
York: Maths and Linguistics BSc - BBB
Newcastle: Maths MMath - ABB
Surrey: Maths MMath - AAB
ULIP: French Studies BA - ...

Just waiting got ULIP. Should hear from them in the next two days :biggrin: :3
Yeah... Got 3 emails in space of an hour while in college.... During break I checked my phone and nearly died of anxiety.... Until I read the damn things.... 2 from amazon and 1 from local hospital about applying for work placements. Arrrrrrrgh
Acknowledgement email from Lancaster at 5:45am x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
*Sees email from UCAS*

OMGGGGGGG OFFER TIME FINALLY WOOOOOOOOOOOO CMONCMON

*UCAS Christmas Newsletter*

fml
Original post by martin jol
*Sees email from UCAS*

fml

This is really very naughty of them. As I'm not applying I don't see what they send out, but it surely wouldn't be beyond their capabilities to use maybe a different format for marketing emails so people wouldn't get upset like this. Is there no way to tell what kind of email it is, like a different address?
Reply 1048
*Sees email from UCAS*

fml

That got me to look at sender first ooo ucas heart does a flip and then pure disappointment.
Just made Liverpool my firm and Durham my insurance. (Some people probably think I'm crazy for not firming Durham haha :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
*Sees email from UCAS*

fml

I did exactly the same thing haha :frown:
Reply 1051
Got an offer from Glasgow for Astronomy and Physics! When I saw the 'You have received decisions from 1 out of 5 universities' I freaked out 'cause I was used to seeing '5 universities are currently considering your application'. I could only see that I was given an offer, so it was kinda nervewrecking to scroll down to see from whom. I haven't gotten any email from Glasgow or ucas. Maybe because it's a weird time of the day.
Got 3/5 offers atm, but somehow when you recieved your first offer and it is also your firm offer, as in the place you wanted to go, you don't really care about the other 4 anymore. :rolleyes:
Reply 1053
Original post by Lucy96
Just made Liverpool my firm and Durham my insurance. (Some people probably think I'm crazy for not firming Durham haha :colondollar:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! Thats really good, all the best:smile:
Would anyone advise against asking a uni for an update? I applied mid October and have yet to hear anything. Its KILLING me!
Reply 1055
I've had offers from all five of my chosen universities :biggrin: :biggrin: My final offer came through today from my insurance! Very, very happy.

Now to decide on my firm, D:
Original post by hannbann5678
Would anyone advise against asking a uni for an update? I applied mid October and have yet to hear anything. Its KILLING me!

I would hold on for now - it's not even past the application deadline, and whereas you got yours in early, there's no hurry for them to give out all their offers just yet.
Also, it is Christmas time so many unis will be winding down for the holidays. Most admissions tutors are also practising lecturers and also have lots of other end of term deadlines.

I know it's frustrating (I am absolutely dying for a reply off of one uni) but for now I think just sitting tight is the best way to go.
Good luck with your application though! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a thank you for applying email from Canterbury telling me they will shortly be processing my application.. Can't tell you how much I freaked out when I saw that email heading, I was expecting the worst. So glad for the confirmation though :smile:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
This is really very naughty of them. As I'm not applying I don't see what they send out, but it surely wouldn't be beyond their capabilities to use maybe a different format for marketing emails so people wouldn't get upset like this. Is there no way to tell what kind of email it is, like a different address?

the sender for an update on track is titled "track", and the sender for everything else is "UCAS"
Original post by matt_g96
the sender for an update on track is titled "track", and the sender for everything else is "UCAS"

Thanks! That's very useful to know. Worth bumping to remind everyone of the difference.

Latest

Trending

Trending