Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This thread is just a bit of fun. I was thinking we could all share our favourite fashion styles/trends. Feel free to post pictures.

I really like 1960's 'mod' fashion

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  322.9 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  47.1 KBName:  005.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  56.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    I really like scenic hairstyles

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else ?

ReputationRep:
    I love any gorgeous prom gowns.

ReputationRep:
    Probably 50s and 60s.

ReputationRep:
    I like mod fashion too, the casual side anyway. I'm quite interested in the football casuals subculture that span off from the mods in the 80s and remains at a lot of football crowds to this day.

ReputationRep:
    futurism
    techwear
    gothic
    skinhead

ReputationRep:
    Is high street/street a type of fashion? is that what "popular fashion" is? Like the kind that everyone wears...Ior is that just called 'casual'? dunno is there another name for that?
    Also is there a name for a mix n match sort of fashion? Mix and match? X) Sort of like young teen fashion.
    I don't know what the names are but I like to have fun, when I wake up in the morning and I decide I want to mean what i wear.
    I see a look of people who like those 'vintage' looks! it's a split between people who just don't care and wear old downs (me, I know it is horribly unattractive, like you're homeless, and I'm grateful that I can afford to buy some nicer things) , modern fashion, and vintage. X)

ReputationRep:
    Also, after entering uni, I realize that guys seems to care about fashion too. I mean they always did-it's obvious they're all wearing the same brand of hoodie etc. But some of them dress very formal or vintage or high street. I was wrong to think that guys didn't follow fashion! Then again, a guy could have judged me for not following fashion and being a girl...Sort of sexist, but I honestly didn't pay attention to that until uni!

ReputationRep:
    I like peplum tops, cocktail length dresses, shirts and shoes that are accented with sequins, rhinestones, mismatching, etc.

ReputationRep:
    1950s rocknroll, 60s mods and 70s leather jackets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xox_em)
    Is high street/street a type of fashion? is that what "popular fashion" is? Like the kind that everyone wears...Ior is that just called 'casual'? dunno is there another name for that?
    Also is there a name for a mix n match sort of fashion? Mix and match? X) Sort of like young teen fashion.
    I don't know what the names are but I like to have fun, when I wake up in the morning and I decide I want to mean what i wear.
    I see a look of people who like those 'vintage' looks! it's a split between people who just don't care and wear old downs (me, I know it is horribly unattractive, like you're homeless, and I'm grateful that I can afford to buy some nicer things) , modern fashion, and vintage. X)
    Yeah, street style definitely exists! But it varies from place to place of course. The street fashion in London will be different from the street fashion in Paris. I love street fashion too, because it's practical everyday stuff.

As for the 'mix and match' fashion, I don't know? Maybe you could show us a picture of what you mean.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Beat generation for me. I love the style of Ginsberg, Kerouac, Burroughs, Cassady etc. Outside of them, James Dean has always been a bit of an icon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekChicc)
    This thread is just a bit of fun. I was thinking we could all share our favourite fashion styles/trends. Feel free to post pictures.

I really like 1960's 'mod' fashion

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  322.9 KBName:  004.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  47.1 KBName:  005.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  56.9 KB
    Love mod fashion myself. Got a few mohair and tonic suits. Love myself some sta-prest trousers and knitted shirts too!

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by swan stardust)
    Agree wholeheartedly
    Magical legends that still live on
    Have you heard about the new film Kill Your Darlings? I saw some promo pictures and the style looks amazing. I really cannot wait for that. What are your favourite books from that era?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i love celebrity wedding dresses!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by swan stardust)
    I have heard about it,haven't seen it though(i'm sure it's brilliant!).From Kerouac my favourite poems are Bus East,on tears,Nebraska and then the On the Road.Death and Fame,a Desolation and Howl from Ginsberg.A couple of days ago i bought The Place of Dead Roads and although i have to yet to start it,it looks so incomprehensible.I like Burroughs poetry too although i don't understand a thing.
    Haven't read that much prose really,poetry for the most part but i'm already thrilled!What about you?
    I can never get into Burroughs as much as Kerouac/Ginsberg, although I do love 'And the Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks'. I just find Naked Lunch, Junky and Queer to be rambling and confusing. I love On The Road obviously, as well as San Francisco Blues, Old Angel Midnight, The Sea Is My Brother and Book of Dreams. Howl is a masterpiece, too.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.