Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a few questions on the way you should enter maths module titles in the SAQ.
    I'm doing MEI Maths so I put OCR as the awarding body, however when writing the unit titles, do you have to put MEI: Unit name? I'm guessing they should know I'm doing MEI from the UCAS application, but just want to be sure.

Also, The actual unit titles for maths are really weird and long: For example, which one out of these will be best to put as unit title for FP1:

Further Concepts for Advanced (no space to finish "Mathematics")
    FP1
    Further Pure 1
    MEI Further Pure 1

I'm planning to skip the optional personal statement but there is a question on how you keep your interest of your subject outside school/college. I don't really have much to say that isn't already somewhere apart from that I watch a lot of documentaries related to my subject but not sure if I should mention it as anyone could write that down. Anyone know if that question is also "optional" Grr it feels like I'm leaving most of the form blank :/

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    MEI Further Pure 1 seems like a good method to me. I don't think anything you've asked really matters though (although given that nobody ever uses Further Concepts for Advanced Mathematics, etc then I would definitely not use those names).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dada55)
    I have a few questions on the way you should enter maths module titles in the SAQ.
    I'm doing MEI Maths so I put OCR as the awarding body, however when writing the unit titles, do you have to put MEI: Unit name? I'm guessing they should know I'm doing MEI from the UCAS application, but just want to be sure.

Also, The actual unit titles for maths are really weird and long: For example, which one out of these will be best to put as unit title for FP1:

Further Concepts for Advanced (no space to finish "Mathematics")
    FP1
    Further Pure 1
    MEI Further Pure 1

I'm planning to skip the optional personal statement but there is a question on how you keep your interest of your subject outside school/college. I don't really have much to say that isn't already somewhere apart from that I watch a lot of documentaries related to my subject but not sure if I should mention it as anyone could write that down. Anyone know if that question is also "optional" Grr it feels like I'm leaving most of the form blank :/

Any help appreciated. Thank you.
    I think I wrote 'OCR MEI' as the exam board... can't remember though! I do remember that I wrote out the really long titles of the modules though - e.g. 'Further Concepts for Advanced Maths' which obviously means nothing to anyone
    Tbh, it doesn't matter too much - however make sure it's obvious which modules you're taking and don't shorten them too much perhaps - I would go for 'Further Pure 1' with OCR MEI as the exam board (or write MEI in if it doesn't let you do that).

I personally think that the 'optional' personal statement etc. is a very good opportunity to talk about anything that didn't fit in your original personal statement or you have done since applying - you could perhaps mention a particularly interesting documentary you recently watched (be specific and say what you particularly enjoyed about it, or perhaps link it in to a book/ school trip/ optional lecture/ whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    MEI Further Pure 1 seems like a good method to me. I don't think anything you've asked really matters though (although given that nobody ever uses Further Concepts for Advanced Mathematics, etc then I would definitely not use those names).
    I think it sounds best as well, so will probably write them down like that. Thanks.

(Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    I personally think that the 'optional' personal statement etc. is a very good opportunity to talk about anything that didn't fit in your original personal statement or you have done since applying - you could perhaps mention a particularly interesting documentary you recently watched (be specific and say what you particularly enjoyed about it, or perhaps link it in to a book/ school trip/ optional lecture/ whatever.
    I haven't really done much anything extra that I didn't include in the original PS, so I think I'll leave it blank. But I'll use your idea in the question about things done outside college to write a bit about some recent documentaries I watched and try to style it out somehow.
    Thanks for help!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.