The Student Room Group

Cardiff Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Guys, don't worry. I was told by a dental student that most admissions people don't like it when applicants ring up to ask when things are gonna happen (interviews, offers etc etc)
We know they've eventually gonna come out - lets relax until then!
(Easier said than done, I know, I'm dying to find out as well, but ringing them sadly isn't gonna make the day come any sooner!)

Good luck everybody! :smile: :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by cwctam
omg just rang up Cardiff. .. they said we'd hear like 14th march?! so not what ppl on the day told us?! can someone else ring to confirm?! maybe guy I spoke to not right person?!

OMG no pls why
Reply 82
GUYS. Out of the ten stations, how many do u feel went good and how many bad. i feel like half were decent and half were awful, but dont know how other people felt.
Original post by smallgirl1
GUYS. Out of the ten stations, how many do u feel went good and how many bad. i feel like half were decent and half were awful, but dont know how other people felt.

That sounds about right to me!
The station where the interviewer just kept shouting at me "so what if some big fatty walks in, and wants to sit in my chair?" was bad...it was such an effort to not laugh that I don't think I gave any meaningful answers, haha!
Reply 84
Original post by dacb2f2dd4
The station where the interviewer just kept shouting at me "so what if some big fatty walks in, and wants to sit in my chair?" was bad...it was such an effort to not laugh that I don't think I gave any meaningful answers, haha!

haha yeah that was defo a weird one!! so difficult to keep it going for 5 mins!
haha yeah that was defo a weird one!! so difficult to keep it going for 5 mins!

I think they were probably looking for other stuff than they specifically said, for most of the stations, though. Kind of like the manual dexterity I don’t think they were that bothered about how many needles you could thread, provided you got one my interviewer stopped watching after my first one - I think they were just testing to see if you got frustrated (because some were clearly impossible), and whether you could keep up a conversation whilst doing it (i.e. multi-task).

I’m just hoping there was something extra like that that they were assessing for the ‘obese patient’ station, haha!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 86
yeah my manual dexterity station was AWFUL, it was my first station tho so i hope they consider that:frown:
Reply 87

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this haha
Reply 88
I think they were probably looking for other stuff than they specifically said, for most of the stations, though. Kind of like the manual dexterity I don’t think they were that bothered about how many needles you could thread, provided you got one my interviewer stopped watching after my first one - I think they were just testing to see if you got frustrated (because some were clearly impossible), and whether you could keep up a conversation whilst doing it (i.e. multi-task).

I’m just hoping there was something extra like that that they were assessing for the ‘obese patient’ station, haha!

Yeah for this station I think they were just testing if you could keep calm, my interviewer didn't stop talking to me and I think they were just seeing if you would get annoyed if you're getting distracted
Original post by Wintabix
Yeah for this station I think they were just testing if you could keep calm, my interviewer didn't stop talking to me and I think they were just seeing if you would get annoyed if you're getting distracted

I think my interviewer probably regretted starting a conversation with me...once I get started, there's no stopping me, haha! He basically got to hear about my entire life story in that five minutes, with some ethics in dentistry, and reflection on work experience for good measure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The logic, manual dexterity and the giving instructions were my weakest I believe, but the manual dexterity was my last one, I found it difficult to speak to her while focusing, so I think I was less approachable as I was just attempting to work through it, but I think I kept calm and optimistic about it, just a little quieter than usual!

The logic one was horrible as the interviewer was silent all the way through and while I decided to be lighthearted/calm about it and talk aloud to him, he didn't say anything. Maybe it was to make us feel uncomfortable, I don't know.

Found the giving instructions difficult at first, but found a strategy and the guy there was super-nice so he cheered me up with it.

I've not decided to dissect much out of the rest of it, as in all truth, I have other things to panic about :P

Let's hope we hear soon!
Original post by AmyAintDead

Found the giving instructions difficult at first, but found a strategy and the guy there was super-nice so he cheered me up with it.

The interviewer I had for giving instructions had the most horrific cold known to man, so I was more focused on not getting breathed/sneezed/coughed on by him!
Managed to avoid getting ill, so I'm happy...and finishing it was just an added bonus, haha!
The interviewer I had for giving instructions had the most horrific cold known to man, so I was more focused on not getting breathed/sneezed/coughed on by him!
Managed to avoid getting ill, so I'm happy...and finishing it was just an added bonus, haha!

Oh gosh, they were cautious of getting ill on the Monday, so someone must have given them the cold!
Reply 93
it'll be miracle if I get offer:frown: I did well on like 4 stations!
Original post by cwctam
it'll be miracle if I get offer:frown: I did well on like 4 stations!

I wouldn't worry about it - MMIs always seem like they've gone so much more badly than they actually have! You probably did fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Hope we might find out tomorrow :smile:
Reply 96
the waaaaaait wow.
Reply 97
Do you think we will hear tomorrow?
I personally think we'll hear mid-week. Reckon we'll know by Wednesday!

(Place your bets, people, haha!)
Man, nervous to hear from Cardiff! I really, really hope they get back to us soon. With my January exam results looming too, I've been an anxious person to be around recently!

Quick Reply

Latest