Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well... I'm 17 and have to apply to university soon (I'm not applying to Oxbridge) so I have time..
    I thought this site would help me..

any fellow political studies possible applicants here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marinaawesome)
    Well... I'm 17 and have to apply to university soon (I'm not applying to Oxbridge) so I have time..

Hello and welcome to :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Not a politics applicant but hello and welcome to TSR nonetheless!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to TSR!

Not a politics applicant but a final year politics student here

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo!!

I'm a politics (and international relations) applicant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Welcome to TSR!

Not a politics applicant but a final year politics student here
    Hello!!!! How is it like studying politics, where are you studying and what made you choose a politics degree instead of other degrees? Are you enjoying it

Thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrandmr.crane)
    Hellooo!!

I'm a politics (and international relations) applicant!
    Same ! International relations is so important to our lives! Have you applied yet? And what universities are you considering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!!! How is it like studying politics, where are you studying and what made you choose a politics degree instead of other degrees? Are you enjoying it

Thanks !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's it like? It's interesting, occasionally stressful (like all degrees), but ultimately worthwhile.
    I'm at Manchester
    I was torn between psychology and politics for ages both of which I loved at A Level. Eventually what swayed me was the relative employment rates, and four years on I don't regret my choice at all.

ReputationRep:
    Same ! International relations is so important to our lives! Have you applied yet? And what universities are you considering

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm really looking forward to studying it at uni!!

I haven't applied yet - I'm still got a little bit more editing of my PS to do (even though I started before the summer hols, pahaha)!!

I've put down:
    Sheffield
    Warwick
    Bath
    Aberystwyth (International Politics and Strategic Studies)
    Nottingham

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    What's it like? It's interesting, occasionally stressful (like all degrees), but ultimately worthwhile.
    I'm at Manchester
    I was torn between psychology and politics for ages both of which I loved at A Level. Eventually what swayed me was the relative employment rates, and four years on I don't regret my choice at all.
    Thank you! I agree the employment opportunities are very high for politics :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to studying it at uni!!

I haven't applied yet - I'm still got a little bit more editing of my PS to do (even though I started before the summer hols, pahaha)!!

I've put down:
    Sheffield
    Warwick
    Bath
    Aberystwyth (International Politics and Strategic Studies)
    Nottingham

What about you?
    Same my head of year is very picky so I'm still in the PS process

So far my 5 choices are (I keep changing them)
    LSE
    Queen Mary
    Birmingham
    Surrey
    Exeter

But odds are I will be changing some next week ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same my head of year is very picky so I'm still in the PS process

So far my 5 choices are (I keep changing them)
    LSE
    Queen Mary
    Birmingham
    Surrey
    Exeter

But odds are I will be changing some next week ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, me too.

I was going to apply to Birmingham and LSE! But London'd be too expensive (I'm from up north).

Good luck with your application! Are you going for Government or International Relations?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, me too.

I was going to apply to Birmingham and LSE! But London'd be too expensive (I'm from up north).

Good luck with your application! Are you going for Government or International Relations?
    Aww yeah London is expensive so if I did get into LSE highly unlikely as it's my aspirational, id stay at home!

Good luck with your application, wish you the best!!

And international relations :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Heya! I am also 17 an live in London I'm lucine, welcome! How are ya???
    Cool. I'm actually looking to study Psychology...abroad XD

I'm also taking a gap year, how are you finding year 13???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Heya! I am also 17 an live in London I'm lucine, welcome! How are ya???
    Cool. I'm actually looking to study Psychology...abroad XD

I'm also taking a gap year, how are you finding year 13???
    Hi lucine :-)
    That's really interesting I studied psychology for AS would have continued it but I needed my other subs for politics
    What's made you consider a gap year? Year 13 is extremely difficult especially with all this Ucas stuff but hopefully manageable! How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi lucine :-)
    That's really interesting I studied psychology for AS would have continued it but I needed my other subs for politics
    What's made you consider a gap year? Year 13 is extremely difficult especially with all this Ucas stuff but hopefully manageable! How are you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, haha yeah I love Psychology. I see cool, makes sense
    So what do you take then???
    Well firstly I need a break from education lol. I love travelling and doubt that I'll take a gap year after uni. Just want to take a break and enjoy life since I've been schooling for so long...I just really want to travel around and go back to America, stay with family for a little bit. Would like to relax and do what I do best tbh haha.

Luckily I don't have to go through any of the UCAS stuff. I think its going okay but there is way too much to do in terms fo a lot of work and not much time for revising really but I seem to be coping. Can't wait for it to be all over next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    Hey, haha yeah I love Psychology. I see cool, makes sense
    So what do you take then???
    Well firstly I need a break from education lol. I love travelling and doubt that I'll take a gap year after uni. Just want to take a break and enjoy life since I've been schooling for so long...I just really want to travel around and go back to America, stay with family for a little bit. Would like to relax and do what I do best tbh haha.

Luckily I don't have to go through any of the UCAS stuff. I think its going okay but there is way too much to do in terms fo a lot of work and not much time for revising really but I seem to be coping. Can't wait for it to be all over next year!
    I take government and politics, history and Spanish :-)

I see your point I have some friends actually nearly all are either re-doing year 12 or taking a gap year! It's good you plan to do something worthwhile in yours that's what is important I wish you the best with your travels!

Me too I can't wait for all of this to be over and I feel like I'm falling behind on studies with all this Ucas, planning on sending mine off tomorrow and then I'll have some weight of my shoulders!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.