Turn on thread page Beta

Always hungry! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and lose weight, but the one thing holding me back is that I'm always hungry!
    How can I try and curb how much I eat? I'm hungry every 3/4 hours, and not just like peckish, like, really hungry.

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Eat smaller meals, more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    +1

ReputationRep:
    When you feel 'hungry' drink some water, people often confuse thirst with hunger.

ReputationRep:
    Caffeine cuts appetite, drinking water can cut appetite, nicotine cuts appetite (although don't start smoking just so you aren't hungry).
    A 200mg caffeine pill or a strong coffee in the morning and afternoon will probably curb it to a decent level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    This is spot on. Eating few but large meals spikes your sugar levels making you too hungry to make it to the next mealtime many hours away meaning that you end up snacking in between. Sadly the "three meals a day" system sets people up to fail because of this. I used to be like you until I started reducing my portion sizes and eating more often. At first it was hard but after just a week my appetite has gone right down. Now I'm happy to eat a meal consisting of just 60 g rice plus vegetables and meat when I used to fill the plate with rice alone before.

(Original post by Daviant)
    Caffeine cuts appetite, drinking water can cut appetite, nicotine cuts appetite (although don't start smoking just so you aren't hungry).
    A 200mg caffeine pill or a strong coffee in the morning and afternoon will probably curb it to a decent level.
    Please keep this crap out of this board. There is no need to drug yourself up to lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WGR)
    This is spot on. Eating few but large meals spikes your sugar levels making you too hungry to make it to the next mealtime many hours away meaning that you end up snacking in between. Sadly the "three meals a day" system sets people up to fail because of this. I used to be like you until I started reducing my portion sizes and eating more often. At first it was hard but after just a week my appetite has gone right down. Now I'm happy to eat a meal consisting of just 60 g rice plus vegetables and meat when I used to fill the plate with rice alone before.

Please keep this crap out of this board. There is no need to drug yourself up to lose weight.
    lolwat? Caffeine is 'drugging yourself up' now? I'm hardly recommending clen or DNP.
    If you want to stay teetotal, go for it, but I'm well within my rights mentioning a totally legal, non prescription substance (that is used by a majority of the population daily) that is useful for weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daviant)
    lolwat? Caffeine is 'drugging yourself up' now? I'm hardly recommending clen or DNP.
    If you want to stay teetotal, go for it, but I'm well within my rights mentioning a totally legal, non prescription substance (that is used by a majority of the population daily) that is useful for weight loss.
    Excess caffeine is bad for you. You know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WGR)
    Excess caffeine is bad for you. You know this.
    200mg is hardly excess.
    That's the same amount that's in one starbucks coffee.
    Excessive would be 600+mg.

ReputationRep:
    same here, I just love snacking

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.