The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'm wondering if I can change my course from Digital Media to something else and still get accepted.
The only reason why I chose digital design was because i thought it's the only course i have a chance of going to if i try to get 300 ucas points which will be really difficult since i'm pretty much depending only on my art and graphics a levels whilst economics is going to be really bad. I was so sure i wont get an offer lol But now that i did, i'm thinking to change the course and just try my best to get 300 points or something. Any thoughts?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 121
I've had an email from the admissions office saying they would like me to attend an open day to discuss my application further, I have applied for computing, I am a mature student (21) with no A levels and I am applying purely on work experience and self taught knowledge. I am wondering if anyone else has been asked to attend one of the open days to "discuss their application further"? It doesn't seem very formal.
Original post by elleOx
I have an unconditional offer! Does anyone know when I can apply for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by bridgetcooke1994
I have chosen Bournemouth- Media Production as my firm choice! super excited and can't wait for the open day in march. But does anyone know when to apply for accommodation? :cool:

All students with unconditional offers can apply immediately. For those with conditional offers, you have to wait until results day for UCAS to change you offer to unconditional before you can apply.
Reply 123
Original post by bonfire_heart
All students with unconditional offers can apply immediately. For those with conditional offers, you have to wait until results day for UCAS to change you offer to unconditional before you can apply.

Thanks for the reply! I have an unconditional but I haven't been sent anything about applying for accommodation? Online it says that they're still doing the applications for the January starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
Hello, I have applied for Bournemouth and got a place doing psychology. Hopefully will be there 2014! :smile: excited! I am from Somerset :smile:

Hopefully, be meeting some great people with awesome experiences.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 125
Hey, Is anyone on here been accepted onto psychology? :smile:
Reply 126
Original post by sophiehx
Anyone applied for business and accounting? Received an offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have received BA international finance top up, hello? i am looking for students who are studying on the course?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by Mrich454
Hey, Is anyone on here been accepted onto psychology? :smile:

Yeah I have :smile: ...hello. :smile:
Reply 128
Original post by YazzRDB
Yeah I have :smile: ...hello. :smile:

Hey!:biggrin: have you been to the open day or going to any of the open days for psychology students? My name Matthew by the way! :biggrin:
Reply 129
Hey!:biggrin: have you been to the open day or going to any of the open days for psychology students? My name Matthew by the way! :biggrin:

Uhm yeah I need to organise to go to one :smile: I am yazz :smile:
Reply 130
Original post by YazzRDB
Uhm yeah I need to organise to go to one :smile: I am yazz :smile:

Nice to meet you yazz. Yeah im going to the one on 19th march you should go as well be good to meet someone I would know!. You know which accommodation you want to go to?
Reply 131
Nice to meet you yazz. Yeah im going to the one on 19th march you should go as well be good to meet someone I would know!. You know which accommodation you want to go to?

Yeah that would be good :smile: I'll make sure that date is free :smile: Uhm not to sure :s stuck between two :smile:
Reply 132
Original post by YazzRDB
Yeah that would be good :smile: I'll make sure that date is free :smile: Uhm not to sure :s stuck between two :smile:

Good :biggrin: Which ones you thinking off? student village I was thinking.
Original post by elleOx
Thanks for the reply! I have an unconditional but I haven't been sent anything about applying for accommodation? Online it says that they're still doing the applications for the January starters?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, it says you can apply in spring '14, though spring is a very broad term (= they don't have a fixed date yet). Just keep your eyes open for any changes on the official website and/or their facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/bu2014?fref=ts
They will definitely let students know when they are open for accommodation applications. In the meantime, you can already get familiar with their application form:
https://accommodation.bournemouth.ac.uk/

And congratulations on your offer :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 134
Good :biggrin: Which ones you thinking off? student village I was thinking.

No I dont think I will be going to be in the student village
Reply 135
Original post by YazzRDB
No I dont think I will be going to be in the student village

Oh which one do you prefer?
Reply 136
Oh which one do you prefer?

Still not too sure
Reply 137
Original post by YazzRDB
Still not too sure

I must admit it is hard to chose but still got loads of time :smile: I just can't wait to start.
Reply 138
I must admit it is hard to chose but still got loads of time :smile: I just can't wait to start.

Yeah so am I :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by YazzRDB
Yeah so am I :smile:

Do you think we will be in lectures alot or more independent? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending