The Student Room Group

What IB scores are required for economics?

Hi,
I'm thinking of studying economics at university either in the uk or the states and I was wondering what kind of scores and subjects are most sought after?

:smile:
It depends what universities you're applying to, but for most of the good ones in the UK you need HL Economics and HL Maths to even be considered. The other ones are probably more flexible options.
Reply 2
Most universities in the UK list their standard offers for IB students on their website, so I'd recommend looking around where you want to go. There's really no set grade you need, since it varies depending on the university.

Naturally your maths and economics grade will be most important (preferably HL as said above), alongside your HL subjects in general. What kind of universities are you aiming for?
Reply 3
I'd say the benchmark score would be somewhere around a 36 including bonus points
Reply 4
Original post by desslop
I'd say the benchmark score would be somewhere around a 36 including bonus points

that's great thank you
Reply 5
Original post by ctrls
Most universities in the UK list their standard offers for IB students on their website, so I'd recommend looking around where you want to go. There's really no set grade you need, since it varies depending on the university.

Naturally your maths and economics grade will be most important (preferably HL as said above), alongside your HL subjects in general. What kind of universities are you aiming for?

i was aiming at Russell group universities, but thanks that's really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest