The Student Room Group

Was Biomedical science in clearing 2013 in University of Manchester?

Hi,
So the question is pretty self explanatory - I'm a gap year student applying very soon, and I'm trying to use my university choices as strategically as possible. Does anyone remember if Uni of Manchester was in clearing for 2013? I really can't remember, all I remember is that University of Manchester were in clearing for some courses. Also, side note, what're are the chances of me getting a place at UCL for Biomed with a medicine PS? Any thoughts from anyone whose tried this?

Thanks in advance guys!
Reply 1
I'll bump this thread as I'm in a similar position and am not sure where to apply for my 5th option!
Manchester was in Clearing for quite a few different courses, but whether biomed was one or not I can't remember.

However, what happens one year is really no guide to what will happen next year - whatever happened last year, it may or may not be in Clearing this year. It all depends on who applies, who firms / insures, who gets the grades, and whether or not those numbers match up to the places on offer.
Original post by xXxAthenaxXx
Hi,
So the question is pretty self explanatory - I'm a gap year student applying very soon, and I'm trying to use my university choices as strategically as possible. Does anyone remember if Uni of Manchester was in clearing for 2013? I really can't remember, all I remember is that University of Manchester were in clearing for some courses. Also, side note, what're are the chances of me getting a place at UCL for Biomed with a medicine PS? Any thoughts from anyone whose tried this?

Thanks in advance guys!

You'll be getting unconditional offers right? So why not put UCL. If you get an offer in Medicine then great, if you don't but get UCL oh well. If you get neither then just apply to Manchester through extra..... :P
Reply 4
Original post by The Doctor!
I'll bump this thread as I'm in a similar position and am not sure where to apply for my 5th option!

I was hoping to send of my application today, i'm not sure if I should risk applying to UCL for Biomed - apparently the competition ration is 7:1 or 8:1 per place on their website. That'd be worrying seeing as my PS is wholly about medicine.
I was hoping to send of my application today, i'm not sure if I should risk applying to UCL for Biomed - apparently the competition ration is 7:1 or 8:1 per place on their website. That'd be worrying seeing as my PS is wholly about medicine.

You can add it in later, up to Jan 15th. It doesn't have the same deadline as medicine.
Reply 6
Original post by Rainingshame
You'll be getting unconditional offers right? So why not put UCL. If you get an offer in Medicine then great, if you don't but get UCL oh well. If you get neither then just apply to Manchester through extra..... :P

Ahh, i've never really looked into Extra too much - I just did a quick search now, it seems a pretty good idea! So do Man do Extra for Biomed? Or does it depend on what's left over?

Every biomed admissions tutor knows the majority of applicants are going to be medics using it as a backup. They know exactly what the score is.
Ahh, i've never really looked into Extra too much - I just did a quick search now, it seems a pretty good idea! So do Man do Extra for Biomed? Or does it depend on what's left over?

Well If your offers/rejections come before the 15th it'll still be open for equal consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending