Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying here for my insurance but I'm not entirely sure about the department.

I've heard mixed things about Oxford Brookes, I'm not sure if some people slate it purely because it's a modern university or it's actually not very good.

If anyone studies/studied psychology at Oxford Brookes what's your experiences with the course and the university itself? Also, what grades did you achieve to secure your place? I'll probably get BBB which is a grade below their course requirements, and I have a C in GCSE Maths however I have already have a B in psychology, and it states on their website that they will still consider people with a C in Maths and an A/B in psychology. Hope this doesn't work in my disadvantage :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patched)
    Thinking of applying here for my insurance but I'm not entirely sure about the department.

I've heard mixed things about Oxford Brookes, I'm not sure if some people slate it purely because it's a modern university or it's actually not very good.

If anyone studies/studied psychology at Oxford Brookes what's your experiences with the course and the university itself? Also, what grades did you achieve to secure your place? I'll probably get BBB which is a grade below their course requirements, and I have a C in GCSE Maths however I have already have a B in psychology, and it states on their website that they will still consider people with a C in Maths and an A/B in psychology. Hope this doesn't work in my disadvantage :/
    Ive applied for Psychology and Sociology at Brookes, currently on my gap year and been to 2 of their open days. The Psychology department seemed brilliant, so helpful when i was asking questions and the students seemed really enthusiastic about the course! hope this helps a little

ReputationRep:
    I'm a current student, just about to finish my first semester. Most of the teaching is excellent, and where there have been a few issues, staff have been quick to respond and change things - which I think says a lot about their commitment to teaching and student involvement. The department seem to engage well with student representation and the library has a good selection of resources for students, and it's supposed to get better as it moves into a new building over Christmas. Overall the facilities are good - some of the buildings look a little tired, but with the new building due to open next year things are on the up, facility wise.
    I'm really enjoying my course and looking forward to the next 2 and bit years here.
    HTH

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 11, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.