Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recently starting an adult nursing course and how the university described it was that we would spend hours in lectures and in practicals, whereas we really spend about seven hours in practicals and lectures all together and the rest is online.

I joined the course because i thought it would be very hands on, but it is basically an online course, with a tiny amount of lectures thrown in and i hate it. I was wondering could i switch to another university, or are all the courses online heavy??

Also what would i have to pay back as i recieve a maintanence loan, an nhs bursary and the nhs pay for my tuition fees, so would i have to pay all of this back or just parts of it?

ReputationRep:
    Which university is this?

(I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions, sorry, I'm a prospective student)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Any university course will have a large amount of personal study. Unlike school they aren't there to spoon feed you and expect you to do work in your own time. Universities are mixed in their teaching methods with some doing at lot of the training in the university and some expecting you to do more yourself. You might also find that how your trained changes as you progress through the course. Have you tried speaking to students in other years to see how they're taught? On any nursing course you'll find you probably do the majority of your learning on placement anyway with the lectures and practicals setting the basis for that.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait until you do a placement at least. Then you may even be thankful for the small amount of contact time in uni.

ReputationRep:
    which uni?

I'm in lectures about 15hours a week, 5hours of small group work and 5hours of clinical

I also have a lot online work to do, I'm child nursing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.