Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I was just wondering if mentioning I have thread the selfish gene in my ps is cliche? Does everybody put this?

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

ReputationRep:
    I put it down but hey it's a great book. In hindsight I would rather leave it out and reflect more on my work experience etc.

ReputationRep:
    What does it add to your personal statement though? What have you learned from it? Has what you learned interested you and made you want to commit your life to medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch)
    What does it add to your personal statement though? What have you learned from it? Has what you learned interested you and made you want to commit your life to medicine?
    I have a particular interest in genetics so I just said to further my knowledge on the subject I read books on genetics like the selfish gene. It was a small paragraph that was meant to be all sciency so try and impress imperial haha but I've read loads of other genetics books so I could put those instead!

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 14, 2013

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.