Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Really confused by which courses I should be taking. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it...

The course that I would like to do at university is a Psychology and counselling BSc(hons), on requirements it says "Applicants are individually assessed on qualifications and skills etc...

So basically I am asking which Access course I should look towards doing as I only have NVQ's, GCSE's etc...

The two that my college offer are:
    Higher education Diploma in health
    Higher education Diploma in Science
    both are at Stoke on trent college

This may sound like a stupid question but i have been out of education for 8 years and its all very confusing and just want to head somewhere in my life.
    thanks in advance for anyone that can help me

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Have you emailed your chosen university to ask if they would have a preference? A lot of applicants do this, particulary with Access courses. If the degree is quite scientific then they may prefer the science pathway but if not then either would likely be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebrown123)
    Really confused by which courses I should be taking. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it...

The course that I would like to do at university is a Psychology and counselling BSc(hons), on requirements it says "Applicants are individually assessed on qualifications and skills etc...

So basically I am asking which Access course I should look towards doing as I only have NVQ's, GCSE's etc...

The two that my college offer are:
    Higher education Diploma in health
    Higher education Diploma in Science
    both are at Stoke on trent college

This may sound like a stupid question but i have been out of education for 8 years and its all very confusing and just want to head somewhere in my life.
    thanks in advance for anyone that can help me
    hi I completed the access course at Stoke on Trent college last year to study psychology and criminology, forensic psychology, psychology (single) and got offers for all of them at staffs pm if you like

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 17, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.