Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am Currently in Yr 13, I am doing A-levels in Politics, History and a Courswork based course in business, However I am currently only just over a mounth into this year at Sixth form and am Stuggling terribly, all the teachers are angry at me for not handing in homework and I can't organise my folders. Last Year at sixth form I studied Philosphy, Politics, history and Photography, I put in all the effort I could muster and achieved a C, D, E, E, So this year I've almost subliminally given up as I know that even if I try my best I'm still going to get poor results that won't get me anywhere.

During the Summer holidays I was considering leaving sixform to go to college and do a Btec in Public Services, as a police officer is a job I would enjoy, However I wasn't Fully happy about the Idea as I really don't like the look of college,people always look so depressed there , However I probably would Have succededed quite well there and probably should have gone.

Another Option I considered was doing an apprenticeship, however doing an apprenticeship would most likely require you staying in work till the day you retire, I wouldn't like that either.

What I do love about Sixth form is the fact I have got a really good set of mates, they have supported me quite alot recently with me struggling at sixth form- I also have a very supportive tutor who has helped me organise myself for lessons, ect. but I believe the most important factor I love about sixthform is the coffee, the cafe at my sixthform serves me a coffee each morning with a smile and without it I could not get through the days.

But yeah on a serious note what should I do- I am definetly without a doubt not an academiccally able person, I find History and Politics increadibly interesting, and I generally believe I am very knowledgeable in both, but I struggle so much with exams. I enjoy Bussiness alot though, and It's the only subject i'm doing well in, but thats because it's all coursework based, but even that I'm now falling behind on, because of the work I have to do in the other two.

Anyway, yeah my Mum thinks I should leave sixthform and go into work- as I cannot cope with the work set by it, but I really want to find an alternative, this is because I definetly don't want to work for the rest of my life in a job I hate.

I would honestly love to go to university, however I think I know I would struggle at it greatly as it would just be like sixth form intensified, I mean I would Consider my self a very creative person, I always doodle on my notes and make them un readible

So yeah my dream carreers would be along side film directing- acting- but Above all being a country western singer- I love that genre- but I know it aint gonna happen- I have no Recording equipment- no contacts- no people I could form a band with and I doubt theres a market for that type of music aswell- eveyrone's into pop and rap these day + the music industry is the hardest industry of all to get into- I think everyone deep inside wants to get into it.

But yeah Please any suggestions- I Know I'm not going to get good grades this year- and If I do try my best- which is going to exhaust me Mentally and give me intense stress- I'll probably end up with D's on average max. - I also Don't want to live with my parents for the next ten years of my life may I add- no offense to them- I would just like a bit of privacy and independence- that will be my biggest regret if I don't go to uni.

Thought out Answers would be very much appreciated- sorry if my question dosn't make sense- but I'm almost at breaking point with stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Masterson)
    I am Currently in Yr 13, I am doing A-levels in Politics, History and a Courswork based course in business, However I am currently only just over a mounth into this year at Sixth form and am Stuggling terribly, all the teachers are angry at me for not handing in homework and I can't organise my folders. Last Year at sixth form I studied Philosphy, Politics, history and Photography, I put in all the effort I could muster and achieved a C, D, E, E, So this year I've almost subliminally given up as I know that even if I try my best I'm still going to get poor results that won't get me anywhere.

During the Summer holidays I was considering leaving sixform to go to college and do a Btec in Public Services, as a police officer is a job I would enjoy, However I wasn't Fully happy about the Idea as I really don't like the look of college,people always look so depressed there , However I probably would Have succededed quite well there and probably should have gone.

Another Option I considered was doing an apprenticeship, however doing an apprenticeship would most likely require you staying in work till the day you retire, I wouldn't like that either.

What I do love about Sixth form is the fact I have got a really good set of mates, they have supported me quite alot recently with me struggling at sixth form- I also have a very supportive tutor who has helped me organise myself for lessons, ect. but I believe the most important factor I love about sixthform is the coffee, the cafe at my sixthform serves me a coffee each morning with a smile and without it I could not get through the days.

But yeah on a serious note what should I do- I am definetly without a doubt not an academiccally able person, I find History and Politics increadibly interesting, and I generally believe I am very knowledgeable in both, but I struggle so much with exams. I enjoy Bussiness alot though, and It's the only subject i'm doing well in, but thats because it's all coursework based, but even that I'm now falling behind on, because of the work I have to do in the other two.

Anyway, yeah my Mum thinks I should leave sixthform and go into work- as I cannot cope with the work set by it, but I really want to find an alternative, this is because I definetly don't want to work for the rest of my life in a job I hate.

I would honestly love to go to university, however I think I know I would struggle at it greatly as it would just be like sixth form intensified, I mean I would Consider my self a very creative person, I always doodle on my notes and make them un readible

So yeah my dream carreers would be along side film directing- acting- but Above all being a country western singer- I love that genre- but I know it aint gonna happen- I have no Recording equipment- no contacts- no people I could form a band with and I doubt theres a market for that type of music aswell- eveyrone's into pop and rap these day + the music industry is the hardest industry of all to get into- I think everyone deep inside wants to get into it.

But yeah Please any suggestions- I Know I'm not going to get good grades this year- and If I do try my best- which is going to exhaust me Mentally and give me intense stress- I'll probably end up with D's on average max. - I also Don't want to live with my parents for the next ten years of my life may I add- no offense to them- I would just like a bit of privacy and independence- that will be my biggest regret if I don't go to uni.

Thought out Answers would be very much appreciated- sorry if my question dosn't make sense- but I'm almost at breaking point with stress.
    you've no choice but to stay at sixthform mate

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you maybe right- I mean I do enjoy it- I just Can't do exams

ReputationRep:
    A levels aren't for everyone. And if you are struggling with a levels, University definitely isn't the right path for you. My advice would be to go to college and do a vocational course or BTEC (although I'm afraid to say, don't go with the intention of joining the police force, hardly any are employing at the moment. I think you'd be better trying to become a PCSO because, although I don't know much about it, I think you have to be one of those for a while before you can become a fully-fledged police officer).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.