Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

For many years, when the word supermarket is spoken, people tend to mention, tescos, sainsburys, waitrose and even co-operative(:/) Iceland isn't a big company as tescos however we do exist lol.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding Iceland Frozen Food.

Hourly wage rate:
    New starters - £7.00, after 6months £7.75 (London)
    Staff receive 10% discount on all products.

ReputationRep:
    For a second there I thought this thread was about the actual country ...

ReputationRep:
    Fab idea , there should be a thread ! Iceland isn't so small anymore .

Since watching the documentary on BBC 2 I want to work for them even more. Looks like Iceland really do care about their staff but I've heard some things which put me off. Is it true that they don't have over time at all ? Also, is it true that Iceland don't like giving more than 12 - 16 hrs per week ?

I'm looking for a job that in term time I can do like 12 hrs pw but in holidays up to 30.

ReputationRep:
    I currently work at Iceland and I am desperately looking for a new job, as good as the pay is, under 18's jet treated like absolute crap! the staff are very patronising and wont answer when you need help for example asking if you can serve alcohol.

Last Sunday it got so bad I had a panic attack! it was extremely busy and I was left on till with another boy; as we are both under 18 we had to ring for someone when someone comes to our till with alcohol, however there was nobody on the shop floor and the duty manager was sitting in the office on her phone talking to her boyfriend. it got to the point where customers were having to leave all there alcohol because nobody was coming to help us. Also as we were left alone for over an hour we both had deliveries building up and it was becoming even harder to try separate them seeing as I had 4 different delivers on my till defrosting and all being mixed up while the other boy had the same problem with 3 deliveries. By the time someone had come to help up some deliveries had missed their slots and I was shaking so much I had to try calm myself down. And amazingly we got the blame for all the complaints!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.