Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello i'm 18 and have worked in a supermarket for nearly 18 months. In April this year, everyone on our section had their pay rates reviewed and since then I have earnt £5.50 and hour. By all means am I complaining about this rate as I am happy with this pay rate until I heard news from 2 of my fellow co-workers on my section. They get paid slightly more at £5.67. I wouldn't be annoyed with the 17p difference if it wasn't the for the facts that:
    * I have worked there 6 months longer than them
    * I've never taken any days off sick, and I know for a fact that I work much more on demand and do more duties than them
    * One of them is known as 'the slacker' on our section and even our manager has noticed it a bit
    Some of my fellow co-workers even think it's weird that I am paid slightly less than them. Would you approach your manager if this was you? Because even if I did, I really wouldn't know how to approach them about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would defiantly approach your manager about this.
    I've been in a similar situation recently , unfortunately in my case nothing can be done about it because I'm still on a temporary contract as oppose to permanent. Despite meeting the 'qualified' criteria.
    Hopefully your place of work won't be so harsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is definitely an issue that needs to be taken up with your manager.
    Just remember that the manager is still responsible for your employment, and you should treat them as such, be firm, but fair with your worries and disagreement, any other action would reflect badly on you and possibly have a worse outcome in the future.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.