Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm 15 years old, and my mom said she doesn't and I shouldn't have a boyfriend till I'm 18.. It's not that I want one or even asked about it. Does anyones parent's also talk to them about this or allow them to do what they want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamRose)
    I'm 15 years old, and my mom said she doesn't and I shouldn't have a boyfriend till I'm 18.. It's not that I want one or even asked about it. Does anyones parent's also talk to them about this or allow them to do what they want?
    I had to break up with my girlfriend who was 16 (i'm 17) because her parents didn't want her having a boyfriend till she was 17.. so no you're not alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummi_C)
    I had to break up with my girlfriend who was 16 (i'm 17) because her parents didn't want her having a boyfriend till she was 17.. so no you're not alone

I really don't see what the problem of the concept of having a boyfriend/girlfriend is?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see what the problem of the concept of having a boyfriend/girlfriend is?
    Neither do I, I guess they're just worried whoever you're with might make you do some stuff you'll regret :/ They're just watching out for you really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hummi_C)
    Neither do I, I guess they're just worried whoever you're with might make you do some stuff you'll regret :/ They're just watching out for you really
    Stuff like that could happen after you're 18 though, not just before.. I guess they can't have much of a say once you're an adult yourself x

ReputationRep:
    Stuff like that could happen after you're 18 though, not just before.. I guess they can't have much of a say once you're an adult yourself x
    Maybe, but before you're 18 you're prone to making bad decisions, and stuff like that isn't something easily resolved :/ Yeah, or they just accept that you can decide for yourself then x

ReputationRep:
    I don't have this problem but one of my friends do She has been with her boyfriend for over a year now and they can't tell his parents otherwise they'd freak, probably ground him for life and remove all access with outside world other than to go to college (no joke). They are very strict parents, they've luckily been able to keep their relationship under wraps I guess it depends tbh. I mean each parent is different. Don't stress though you're not alone, maybe your parents just don't want you getting distracted, relationships can be intense at times I know some people that broke up because they were slacking due to being in a relationship but each person is different.
    Don't worry too much as you said you don't even want one atm plus you've got your whole life ahead of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    I don't have this problem but one of my friends do She has been with her boyfriend for over a year now and they can't tell his parents otherwise they'd freak, probably ground him for life and remove all access with outside world other than to go to college (no joke). They are very strict parents, they've luckily been able to keep their relationship under wraps I guess it depends tbh. I mean each parent is different. Don't stress though you're not alone, maybe your parents just don't want you getting distracted, relationships can be intense at times I know some people that broke up because they were slacking due to being in a relationship but each person is different.
    Don't worry too much as you said you don't even want one atm plus you've got your whole life ahead of you

I think my mom is just worried they'd distract me from my school work I guess.. Thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    Im lucky in that my parents are fine with whatever i want but im sure your mums just trying to stop you getting hurt. Trust me, relationships are more trouble than theyre worth!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Time will come I suppose

ReputationRep:
    I think my mom is just worried they'd distract me from my school work I guess.. Thank you! x
    Yeah that might be it. No problem x

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.