Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I still feel like crap about it, but I know it was the right thing to do. He said he loved me quite early on, and I think it freaked me out and made me really think about what I was getting out of the relationship, and I realised pretty quickly that I didn't want to be in the relationship anymore and it was acting as stress for me, since I have so much work.

Anyone else been through a breakup recently? I hate the idea that I'm now 'his ex-girlfriend that dumped him', it makes me sound like such a horrible human being, when really I just wasn't happy anymore...

ReputationRep:
    I did with my first in August. Honestly, I only just feel that I'm actually over him now but I'm refusing to get into a relationship for a while yet. I want to focus on my last year at school.

You did the right thing though, I think. You have to be happy and fully committed/wholly in the relationship and sometimes things happen in a way that is too soon like him telling you he loves you early on.

You'll be fine, it just takes time! If you'd like anyone to talk to, feel free!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone in feeling like this It was six weeks after we'd started dating, two months after I met him, which I personally think was really early, especially since we're only 16.

ReputationRep:
    lol bad luck
    sorry about the loss

you ok

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.