Turn on thread page Beta

Can't motivate, need help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I was doing my AS at College my attendance slowly started slipping, I would wake up and ask myself "should I even bother going in?" "im tired I cant be bothered" "ill just go in after lunch" etc etc

During my A2 every time I turned up to lessons I would receive remarks from teachers "oh look who decided to turn up today" which is acceptable I guess. I have no idea why I was not kicked out of College as my overall attendance slipped all the way down to 50 something perfect which is pretty disgusting not to mention the fact I achieved CCC.

I thought the reason for my terrible attendance was down to having to get the bus everyday however by some miracle I managed to get into my first choice (BBB) on a CCC now im studying a degree on campus where my lectures and seminars are a 5 minute walk away yet I still cant pick up the motivation to go.

I am on the right course and I actually enjoy learning about what im studying I just feel broken in the fact that I am throwing my future away ive been given a second chance some how after getting my firm 3 grades lower and achieving them on a 50% attendance throughout A levels yet im still missing so many lectures and seminars.

Did anyone else have this problem and have any advice for me? I am sick of being irrational and don't want to get behind with my uni work.

ReputationRep:
    You should tell a friend who attends these lectures as well so they can arrange to knock on for you and you can walk together. You could also organise to revise with this friend or a group of people. Trust me, having someone who can pressure you and who wants to revise helps a lot. Sometimes my friend would constantly tell me to get out of bed or offer to skype me so we could just revise together. Not even talk about the work really as sometimes we'd revise different subjects, but just having someone like studying with me and who can see i'm slacking and go "Work!" helped.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, to have that bad of an attendance and still get CCC means you must be very smart. Dont waste your potential, you will regret it!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.