The Student Room Group

My brother is SO arrogant!

Anytime I post anything the slightest bit controversial on facebook and it starts a discussion, my brother gets involved, makes his dramatic points, insults people and just makes a total embarrassment of himself and me too because i'm related to him. Usually he supports my point of view but in a totally extremist way.

I posted an article that i just thought explained well something that was really common sense. I didn't think it was provocative but it got some nasty and negative responses none the less. Anyway, my brother got involved and insulted people who are my friends and just embarrassed me. I told him off afterwards and all he would say is that he is right, he knows how to argue and then proceeded to tell me what was wrong with the way I argue! He is ALWAYS criticising me even though HE is the one who makes enemies all over the place and i'm the one who is doing something positive with my life. He tells me i'm weak and i'm obsessed with boys (I'm a girl), even though i'm in a good long-term relationship, he tells me how boring i am, how stupid i am and yet when i try to give him any advice he won't accept a word of it. He tells me always that i'm wrong and he's right. I am so sick of it! he won't listen to ANYONE i don't know what to do it just makes me so frustrated :frown:
Reply 1
you can stop him from being able to stop him viewing your stuff on facebook. Just google how to block people on facebook.

Brother wise, most you can do is sit in down and tell him if he continues to treat and talk to people the way he does then he will live a very lonely life.
Blocking him from being able to view your profile on Facebook is your best option. He sounds like someone who likes to make his voice heard and his opinion put across in ways that are attention seeking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending