Turn on thread page Beta

stretch marks :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have stretch marks on the back of my knees and calves only, highly VISIBLE and i'm in high school. For the school uniform we have to wear a skirt, any ideas on how to hide them? (apart from wearing stockings its summer and like super hot...) Also im skinny so i have no idea how i got them, anyone else like me and any advice?

ReputationRep:
    There are so many different home remedies regarding making stretch marks fade and become less visible, it's impossible to know which ones work.
    The best thing to do is simple moisturize, it will help keep your skin healthy allowing for the best possible speed for fading.
    Also, I'd recommend going to your local pharmacy, and asking for the best thing for them, most pharmacies will have a selection of products for what you need.

ReputationRep:
    Palmers Cocoa Butter seems to make stretchmarks a little less visible. You could try to lower the hem of your skirt a little, if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah987)
    I have stretch marks on the back of my knees and calves, highly VISIBLE and im in high school. For the school uniform we have to wear a skirt, any ideas on how to hide them? (apart from wearing stockings its summer and like super hot...) Also im skinny so i have no idea how i got them, anyone else like me and any advice?
    I have stretch marks too but on the area behind me knees, my calves and on my thighs.I think I got them when I suddenly gained weight during puberty(although I have always been within the healthy range). The stretch marks used to be purple/ red but have now faded to white/silver. I understand your pain because I get very self conscious about my legs especially when I'm wearing school skirt. I would suggest that you try the stretch mark cream by Palmers or use bio-oil which I have both tried over the course of a year. I'm not exactly sure if it was due to the actual products working or just because of the duration of time but my stretchmarks have significantly faded. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have them on my back, my buttcheeks and the back of my thighs.

I also have really obvious pink stretchmarks on my inner thighs.

I got mine from growth spurts, although the ones on inner thighs i have no clue where they came from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chowkat)
    I have stretch marks too but on the area behind me knees, my calves and on my thighs.I think I got them when I suddenly gained weight during puberty(although I have always been within the healthy range). The stretch marks used to be purple/ red but have now faded to white/silver. I understand your pain because I get very self conscious about my legs especially when I'm wearing school skirt. I would suggest that you try the stretch mark cream by Palmers or use bio-oil which I have both tried over the course of a year. I'm not exactly sure if it was due to the actual products working or just because of the duration of time but my stretchmarks have significantly faded. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thankyou!! mmm im really self conscious about my legs too, k gonna buy some cream and bio-oil now~

ReputationRep:
    sufficient nutrients both through diet and through topical application of non-toxic, naturally formulated creams containing vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin D3 can help significantly but this needs to be regular and preferably preemptive.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.