The Student Room Group

What subjects do you learn on the access course to nursing ?

Hi
I'm thinking of taking a Higher education course into nursing. I've heard that the course is a lot of work and that I have to keep on top of things. I just want to know what sort of topics you learn on the course?

oh and how many points do you have to get to get a Pass/merit/distinction?
Reply 1
The course varies depending on where you do it. I am currently doing an access to Nursing,Science and Health and we had a choice of 3 out of the following subjects:
Biology
Human Physiology
Psychology
Sociology
Health studies
Plus the core subjects which are compulsory, application of numbers(maths), communications (English), HE Guidance and Research and IT.
I can't answer the question about what you need to get to get distinctions etc as I don't know. All I can say it is a very intense course and we have lots of assignments to be completed in the next few weeks!

Good luck with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am currently studying the access to Nursing course. I am struggling because it is very difficult to get a D or M out of the teachers, but then again it may be because of the quality of work. Most of my classmates are receiving M and Ps m. I really need some guidance with my work.
Reply 3
I have mostly D's so far. I think it is all about the independent study you do. Wider reading around the subjects and good references. You get out what you put in and I spend at if time on my assignments and get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending